Author Topic: Gf x6 John  (Read 846 times)

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gf x6 John
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 January 21 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Yes I see the marriage you mention and John in 1841 age 90

John Ellis age 21   Eliz Owen age 21
Marriage License 1770   Wellington, Shropshire

The last child of John & Susanna was born in 1770, have you found a suitable death for Susanna?

Have you looked at the death of John that I mentioned, if you can figure out the year it might help,
sadly the parish record is amiss, 1793 has been repeated, no year on the page for John, the next page 1792?

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:7KCT-C3N2

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline Shrop63

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 08 January 21 08:20 GMT (UK) »
Yes I see the marriage you mention and John in 1841 age 90

John Ellis age 21   Eliz Owen age 21
Marriage License 1770   Wellington, Shropshire

The last child of John & Susanna was born in 1770, have you found a suitable death for Susanna?

Have you looked at the death of John that I mentioned, if you can figure out the year it might help,
sadly the parish record is amiss, 1793 has been repeated, no year on the page for John, the next page 1792?

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:7KCT-C3N2

Colin
The only Sussanah death i can see is 1821 born 1730 which doesnt fit
Parton
Poole
Clare
Jones
Ellis

Vaughan
Watkiss

Offline Shrop63

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 08 January 21 08:24 GMT (UK) »
There is a Susanah Ellis in the 1821 census of Wellington living alone, i presume this is the same one and must have died soon after.
Parton
Poole
Clare
Jones
Ellis

Vaughan
Watkiss

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 08 January 21 10:54 GMT (UK) »
It seems to me that you have two baptisms for John & two deaths but nothing for Susanna, I have had a look at the parish records at Wellington on family search the records from 1770 are not always clear but nothing shows in the County on a general search. Her death might help to establish where they lived in later life?

Sorry I could not help.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline Shrop63

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 January 21 11:16 GMT (UK) »
It seems to me that you have two baptisms for John & two deaths but nothing for Susanna, I have had a look at the parish records at Wellington on family search the records from 1770 are not always clear but nothing shows in the County on a general search. Her death might help to establish where they lived in later life?

Sorry I could not help.

Colin
I dont have the Welly census to hand but Sussanah was living in the same st as a Thomas Ellis, probably her son , this is from Balls Hill Lawley Bank
Parton
Poole
Clare
Jones
Ellis

Vaughan
Watkiss

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 08 January 21 11:43 GMT (UK) »

I dont have the Welly census to hand but Sussanah was living in the same st as a Thomas Ellis, probably her son , this is from Balls Hill Lawley Bank
[/quote]

I guess that should read Dawley Bank, which means the the 1826 death for John at Rock seems most likely. The one I mentioned was probably the 1841 birth.

Colin

Offline Shrop63

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 08 January 21 12:53 GMT (UK) »

Pretty sure its Lawley Bank, besides if thats the right John died 1826 why isnt he living with Sussanah in 1821?!! I keep going!!

I guess that should read Dawley Bank, which means the the 1826 death for John at Rock seems most likely. The one I mentioned was probably the 1841 birth.

Colin
[/quote]
Parton
Poole
Clare
Jones
Ellis

Vaughan
Watkiss