Author Topic: Frederic Macleod  (Read 3903 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Frederic Macleod
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 10 January 21 04:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

No need to get upset,  RChatters are all volunteers, likely most of us have at least walked in your shoes trying to sort out a confuddlement with a document about a relative.

There's so much info on a Queensland death registration, but of course  many times there's more questions coming from the responses on that record.

None of us want you to get upset,  and I am absolutely sure we are all sad that we may have upset you.

But wow, DNA suggestions .... that may help,  or if you perhaps type up some of the info on the Qld document, post it on your thread and then when you are ready type up the rest of it...   

Cheers   JM .... I've been to Aberdeen .... I have,  yes well the one in NSW ..  :)
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Algrass62

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 10 January 21 04:29 GMT (UK) »
This is th only information on the DC: d 11 August 1977 Mt Isa Qld 55 years old.  Father Macleod, mother Collins.
b Aberdeen Scotland.
No mention of Partner or Children
Also known as Frederick Macleod.
I really doubt that he was 55 years @ death because I was15y in 1977 and my birthe certificate says he was 46y which doing the maths puts him at 60 years @ death. His age @ the birth of my sister 3 years after me was 47y and my brother was 6 year after me but my fathers age was 49 years, so who knows.
I have also done a DNA test through Ancestry.com and it comes back with 77% England & Nth Western Europe 13% Sweden, 8% Scotland Nth Ireland and 2% Germanic Europe.
Also British settlers in Victoria.
He also worked @ the Selene Mines at Mulgildie near Monto QLD circa 1960. Apparently according to my mother there was a suggestion that he was in a relationship with someone there before meeting mum. Then had to leave in a hurry around 61 to 1962.  Mum and fred were never married or legal Defacto.
That is all the information that I know of. I hope that is enough, no more blood from stone.

Thankyou
Alistair   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 10 January 21 04:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

May I ask if it gives  the name or details about the ""informant"  ... Perhaps  the coroner or a mine site supervisor or a housekeeper or hospital attendant...

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 10 January 21 05:17 GMT (UK) »
Queensland electoral roll, 1930 .... so you needed to be aged 21 and over to vote.

QER 1930, KENNEDY,  subdivision of Richmond.

Frederick McLEOD, Criterion Hotel, Richmond, labourer

No  others with that surname on that particular roll.

JM  edted,   ::)  I had a huge typo ... it's definitely 1930,   oops, v sorry ...

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 10 January 21 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Alistair, It is good that you have already taken a DNA test.

The percentages you mention are not really significant and are of limited help in your search. What you need to look at are your close matches and try to work out how they relate to you.

It could be worth uploading your raw data to FTDNA and my Heritage and paying to unlock the useful features on those sites to cover more bases.  ;)

It is understandable that this is frustrating and sad for you, but I am sure there is more to be found via paper records as well as with your DNA matches. There is hope.  :)

There are plenty of us keen to help if we can.

Added: you mentioned in your PM to me that he left a will. Does that give any clues?

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 10 January 21 10:24 GMT (UK) »
Going by the ages you have given possibly born before 1920 , so might be on the 1921 Census , not too long to wait for the release.
Found this yesterday-
Frederick Macleod 2255142 Royal Air Force , 1944.

ev

Added-
Can't see any Fred* M*Cleod births in Aberdeenshire 1910 - 1925.
Looking at Collins , there is one birth for a Frederick Collie in 1917 ?
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Algrass62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 10 January 21 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello, very interesting with the RAF details, thankyou.
The will basically names myself and my sister as beneficuaries (probably spelt that wrong).

The DC lists the following Medical certifier at the base Hosp D.Nichol.
Informant: B. Winter Grey @ the base Hospital and F.D. Sim Public Trustee Denham st Townsville.
Religion Minister was Sidney J Tame Uniting Church. 

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 10 January 21 15:28 GMT (UK) »
I have looked at all 13 Fred***** in Scotland from 1900 to 1919.
None have a mother named Collins.
None born in October.

One was born in Abderdeen in 1904 mother was Agnes Fraser McDonald. But this is too early IMO.

And one, was born in Nigg (Kincardine) 28 Sep 1917 but their address was Aberdeen.  Mother was Ellen Payley or Baley depending on hard you squint.  His father was Norman a Corporal with the 1st Highland Brigade.

The above is as close as you will get unless he was born 1920-25 and there are 3 we cannot access these yet.

The caveats...he was not born a Fred***** but they called him Fred and more importantly his mother's maiden name was not Collin's.

Waiting for the release of the 1921 census makes sense.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 10 January 21 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Another possibility is that he was the son of the MacLeod/Collins couple who were married in 1924, but he arrived a year or three ahead of schedule.

Or that Frederick MacLeod was an assumed name.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.