Author Topic: Covid Vaccination  (Read 16384 times)

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Covid Vaccination
« Reply #180 on: Thursday 21 January 21 02:20 GMT (UK) »
In northern NSW, there are bats which carry the Lissa virus. This is deadly to horses, and has been known to kill humans.

HOWEVER, in Australia, bats are "protected", and cannot be killed even if they kill humans :-X :-X

A news reader in Sydney, who was a good triathlete, contracted Covid 19 some months ago. She is, I think, about 30, but still is not fully recovered from the virus. She is able to work on the radio, but I am under the impression that she is not yet able to compete in triathlons.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: Thursday 21 January 21 11:28 GMT (UK) »
It is getting more mysterious, more mutations and it seemingly being here before we,the general public knew properly.
Thanks folks for your posts ,they illustrate what I meant.
We who have had the first dose are still not properly protected ,but even if we were we can still carry and transmit .
I understand the gentleman I quoted ,for a nano second I too thought 
“ Yippee!  Bury Market here I come! “— then Oh no! Not yet ,not for a good while yet.
And as it is our wonderful market will be closed I am sure.
Never did the words “Retail Therapy “  have such meaning.
Viktoria.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: Thursday 21 January 21 11:45 GMT (UK) »
Yes, the doctor who gave me the injection emphasised that it wasn't a free pass to liberty and that I should continue to behave as if I hadn't had the jab at all. 
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: Thursday 21 January 21 13:58 GMT (UK) »
We were given a  leaflet telling us about what to do, side effects, etc. along with a little card with vaccine type/batch/date of 1sr shot and a blank space for details of 2nd shot.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Thursday 21 January 21 15:07 GMT (UK) »
The information as to what vaccine recipients can and can't do after receiving it has been available for weeks now. And as Gadget says, recipients are given a leaflet that with the information.

There's really no excuse for recipients' ignorance of what's required of them.

Public Health England
Guidance
What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination
Updated 20 January 2021
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-what-to-expect-after-vaccination/what-to-expect-after-your-covid-19-vaccination

Can you give COVID-19 to anyone if you have had the vaccine?
The vaccine cannot give you COVID-19 infection, and a full course will reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill. We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk. So, it is still important to follow the guidance in your local area to protect those around you.

To protect yourself and your family, friends and colleagues you still need to:
- practice social distancing
- wear a face mask
- wash your hands carefully and frequently
- follow the current guidance
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: Thursday 21 January 21 16:15 GMT (UK) »
https://www.hsj.co.uk/primary-care/exclusive-leading-regions-vaccine-supply-to-be-halved-so-others-can-catch-up/7029342.article

I thought that the goal was to vaccinate all the over 70s and others/special groups/ who wanted the vaccine by mid February.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: Thursday 21 January 21 16:27 GMT (UK) »
So we're being penalised for the efficiency of the people carrying out the vaccinations in our area.  :(  Perhaps instead of doing that they should be finding out why the other regions are behind.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: Thursday 21 January 21 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Mobile rang and "Doctor" came up. Great, I thought must be about the Covid vaccine.
"Hallo, I'm calling from xxxxxxx Medical Practice, are you interested in having the shingles vaccine?"
I told her not until I'd had the Covid one, as I think that is one of the things you are asked isn't it, have you had any other vaccines in the last few days? I certainly didn't want to have the shingles jab, get called for the Covid one and then be turned away! I asked if she had any idea when I might hear and she said within the next couple of weeks. Bit silly of them even asking about the shingles!
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: Thursday 21 January 21 17:30 GMT (UK) »
I heard on the news this evening that a study of several thousand people has revealed that it's the people who go in to work who have been passing on the virus.

I'm surprised I haven't caught it myself from a plumber who fitted a new tap in August and then had to come again to stop the whole contraption from swinging about.

I wore a mask, but he didn't and said it was "alright" for him to come in.  As soon as he left I sanitised everything he'd breqthed on and touched; all doors, door handles and kitchen surfaces and flooring.   Including the tap of course
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke