Author Topic: Covid Vaccination  (Read 15605 times)

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Covid Vaccination
« Reply #27 on: Monday 11 January 21 05:41 GMT (UK) »
It will be interesting in Australia to see which of the three vaccines go where in the country.

The government has all three on the books to be supplied when the authorities have done their checking.

The two American vaccines require storage at -70o C, whilst the UK one can be stored at normal refrigeration temperature.

There will not be many places outside the major cities which will be able to handle the -70o vaccines, as they do not have the basic facilities for that sort of temperature.

AC

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 11 January 21 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Rather strange map of vaccination centres on the BBC tonight.

Birmingham has joined Bristol in Wales. Population of Wales doubles at a stroke!
Manchester is a port but it's not Manchester-on-Sea, unless coastal erosion took a giant leap overnight.
There's been talk about English devolution but cities so desperate to escape central rule that they move a hundred miles is drastic.
There was a map once which removed Wales completely.
Cowban

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 11 January 21 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Let's hope the people administrating the vaccine are more accurate than that map, or goodness knows where the needle will be stuck!  ;D ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 11 January 21 16:39 GMT (UK) »
To be fair, I think the map is only supposed to denote the approximate area, the yellow dot on the left is a light not a marker.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 12 January 21 01:58 GMT (UK) »
Let's hope the people administrating the vaccine are more accurate than that map, or goodness knows where the needle will be stuck!  ;D ;D

:o ??? ::) :P :-X :-X :-X :'( :'(

Could be painful

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 12 January 21 08:56 GMT (UK) »
I seem to have moved to Wigton  ::) ::) ::)

If you're in Wigton then I'm in the middle of the Irish Sea  :-X
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 12 January 21 09:53 GMT (UK) »
If it's where they say it is, it's in one of the daftest places in the city -  There's hardly any parking up there and public transport means at least one bus change.
There are lots more suitable places with parking facilities and better public transport.

It's probably easier to get to Wigton ! 

Add - mayhem. They sent letters out to say when it would open and to make an appointment. Consequently, a large number just went along without an appointment and many 80-90 yr olds had to stand in a line for about an hour in the cold.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 12 January 21 11:28 GMT (UK) »
Really interesting piece in Nature. The fact that we already have vaccines of known high efficacy makes testing new vaccines very difficult as it's no longer ethical to hold randomised placebo-controlled double-blind trials. https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00015-0 - this link I think will work. You cansign up for daily briefing emails from the home page.
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 12 January 21 22:26 GMT (UK) »
2 new cases identified yesterday on IoM - one of them a primary-school pupil.

They attended School on Tuesday and Wednesday, and showed no symptoms of the virus, which was then identified in pre-admission screening ahead of a medical procedure.

Has anyone speculated as to how these cases occurred KG , as you said how strict your entry quarantine was for entrants or rentrants to the isle and you'd been doing so well keeping it out ?
North East of England