Author Topic: Covid Vaccination  (Read 15608 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Covid Vaccination
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 18:32 GMT (UK) »
If the Government's plan for vaccination is ambitious at 13 million doses, (2 million per week) by mid Feb, in order to vaccinate all over 70s, then it surely needs to be even more ambitious after February.  In order to get everyone vaccinated by autumn or even the additional 20 million, in the plan,
 will it not have to increase its vaccination programme to 4 million per week?
   then in order to keep everything on track and achieve "herd" immunity (80% vaccinated) by autumn, there will surely need be the 2 million vaccines per week for the first timers, in addition to those receiving the follow up dose!

A Pfizer spokesman was questioned by a Parliamentary committee today. He said 1 million doses ordered by UK Gov. should be delivered by end of 2021.
Moderna vaccine should have joined Pfizer and Oxford Zenecca by autumn.
"How to Vaccinate the World", a series presented by Tim Hartford on Radio 4 on Mondays has reached episode 9. Hartford's long-running programme "More or Less" which digs into the facts underneath statistics, began a new run today. 
Cowban

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 18:52 GMT (UK) »

"How to Vaccinate the World", a series presented by Tim Hartford on Radio 4 on Mondays has reached episode 9. Hartford's long-running programme "More or Less" which digs into the facts underneath statistics, began a new run today.

Both of those are superb series.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 19:16 GMT (UK) »
I see Boris Johnson has said today that as soon as there is enough vaccine, centres will be working 24 hours a day. Hope my appointment isn't 3 am.  ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 19:24 GMT (UK) »
For those of you who haven't seen it, the UK's JCVI's document detailing their advice for priority groups and phases is worth a read as it shows how they reached their conclusions. It has a long list of references, of data and reports, that they took into consideration, including occupational risks.

GOV.UK
Updated 6 January 2021
Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation: advice on priority groups for COVID-19 vaccination, 30 December 2020
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-the-jcvi-30-december-2020/joint-committee-on-vaccination-and-immunisation-advice-on-priority-groups-for-covid-19-vaccination-30-december-2020

Vaccine priority groups: advice on 30 December 2020
Phase 1 – direct prevention of mortality and supporting the NHS and social care system[/b

The next phase – further reduction in hospitalisation and targeted vaccination of those at high risk of exposure and/or those delivering key public services

As the first phase of the programme is rolled out in the UK, additional data will become available on the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines. This data will provide the basis for consideration of vaccination in groups that are at lower risk of mortality from COVID-19.

The committee is currently of the view that the key focus for the second phase of vaccination could be on further preventing hospitalisation.

Vaccination of those at increased risk of exposure to SARS-CoV-2 due to their occupation could also be a priority in the next phase. This could include first responders, the military, those involved in the justice system, teachers, transport workers, and public servants essential to the pandemic response. Priority occupations for vaccination are considered an issue of policy, rather than for JCVI to advise on. JCVI asks that the Department of Health and Social Care consider occupational vaccination in collaboration with other government departments.

Occupations which get little publicity are those in the justice system. There's a massive backlog of court cases. Justice delayed is justice denied. Several prison officers have died. Prisoners are spending 23 hours a day in their cells, leading to deterioration in mental health. 
Cowban

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 19:38 GMT (UK) »
deleted
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 19:41 GMT (UK) »
I see Boris Johnson has said today that as soon as there is enough vaccine, centres will be working 24 hours a day. Hope my appointment isn't 3 am.  ;D

My daughter works at the Bristol Vaccination Centre.
Bet she won't thank Boris for 24/7 working?! ;D ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 20:16 GMT (UK) »

My daughter works at the Bristol Vaccination Centre.
Bet she won't thank Boris for 24/7 working?! ;D ;D

Night shifts?. Oh how I have fond memories of them, especially twelve hours long.  ::)  3am appointment?. No problem.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 20:30 GMT (UK) »
A Pfizer spokesman was questioned by a Parliamentary committee today. He said 1 million doses ordered by UK Gov. should be delivered by end of 2021.

Have you got a typo in that or a missing word/number?

Just 1 million doses from Pfizer by the end of 2021 doesn't seem right.
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 21:54 GMT (UK) »

Have you got a typo in that or a missing word/number?

Just 1 million doses from Pfizer by the end of 2021 doesn't seem right.

Answering my own question here.

I think MS' quote was a reference to the following Select Committee meeting which included executives from AstraZeneca in which they stated they're committed to providing 100 million doses to the UK by end of 2021. When asked about delivery in the near future they stated they're on track to 'release' 2M per week, and that if they average 2M per week it'll meet the commitment of 100M by the end of the year.

Parliamentlive.tv
Science and Technology Committee
Wednesday 13 January 2021 Meeting started at 9.30am, ended 12.21pm
https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/68d1c853-13b2-4022-85ff-dc439f1476b1
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson