Author Topic: Covid Vaccination  (Read 16403 times)

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Covid Vaccination
« Reply #108 on: Saturday 16 January 21 23:43 GMT (UK) »

I rang our excellent GP surgery to check & the receptionist said they have been told they must use a land-line number if one is provided and keep ringing until they speak to us. Not allowed to leave a voicemail.

She said they have 2 days next week at the local GP hub. So that implies each GP surgery is allocated certain days. She clarified that OH and I, although we both have health issues, won't be priorities but as both 70+ our turn was coming soon. I'm not expecting it just yet as I know several 90+ who haven't been called, and several 80s who have.

I live in North West Lancashire and am 81 yrs old. Last week I had a phone call on my landline and was asked if I'd like to  attend the local Hub for a Covid innoculation "next week".

I arranged for one of my sons to come and drive me to the appointment.  We kept the appointment yesterday (Friday), then on the way I had a bit of a panic  that we were driving to the correct place.  I needn't have worried, there were very large signs on lampposts which had large red red writing pointing the way.

there were about 20 people in front of me. I was surprised that even with the queuing (at 2metre distances) , then the 15 minute wait after the vaccination that I was only out of my house for one hour.

I got a surprise when I read the little card I was given after the injection. I thought I'd be having the Oxford vaccine but saw I'd been given the Pfizer vaccine. 
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline ankerdine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Scottish relatives sisters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Sunday 17 January 21 07:56 GMT (UK) »
At the end of the day we are so lucky to live in the UK where we have the opportunity to be vaccinated.

I've heard of people doubting the vaccine and persuading their elderly mother from having it.

Friends flew from Mexico to Alaska to have the vaccine. It's a crazy world out there. End of story.

Judy
Blair, Marshall, Williamson - Ayrshire, Wigtownshire
Saxton, Sketchley - Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire
Brown, Green - Rutland
Hawker, Malone, Bradbury, Arnott, Turner, Woodings, Blakemore, Upton, Merricks - Warwickshire, Staffordshire
Silvers, Dudley, Worcs
Deakin - Staffordshire

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Sunday 17 January 21 12:51 GMT (UK) »
I took OH for his first vaccination this morning - Millenium Point in Birmingham.  His appointment was 11.45.  We arrived a little early but he decided to go in.  He was greeted at the door, sanitised etc., had his vaccination and was back at the car by 11.45, no queuing anywhere, car park ticket validated, no hassle at all.  He had been asked whether he was driving, and because he wasn't then he was allowed to leave very shortly after the "jab".  I'm hoping that the second one is just as efficient.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Sunday 17 January 21 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Good news it is working well somewhere BumbleB.
How far from home?
How easy to get there?
You were able to drive, but if he had to go alone, public transport l guess?
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline ankerdine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Scottish relatives sisters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Sunday 17 January 21 13:17 GMT (UK) »
I went for my 1st jab this morning at GP surgery in Birmingham at 10.25. It went like clockwork with everyone obeying the rules, no queue and appointment for 2nd one on 28 March.

Thanks to everyone.

Judy
Blair, Marshall, Williamson - Ayrshire, Wigtownshire
Saxton, Sketchley - Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire
Brown, Green - Rutland
Hawker, Malone, Bradbury, Arnott, Turner, Woodings, Blakemore, Upton, Merricks - Warwickshire, Staffordshire
Silvers, Dudley, Worcs
Deakin - Staffordshire

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Sunday 17 January 21 14:36 GMT (UK) »
MH - distance about 18 + miles.  Driving on a Sunday not bad at all, not sure about his second one which is a Monday!!  If he had to go alone then preference would be for driving, although the venue is within a few minutes walk of at least one Birmingham station.  I'm also hoping that the adjacent car park will be available next time, with ticket validation so no charge.

Assuming that our GP receives the vaccine, then I have an appointment next Saturday at a venue in Tamworth.  OH only went to Birmingham because he received the letter from NHS and he responded immediately.  "Sod's Law" that our Practice Nurse rang me a couple of days later offering local appointments - I did ask the question about OH cancelling and re-booking with her, but she advised that he go ahead with his plans.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Sunday 17 January 21 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks BumbleB.
I have no axe to grind as heaven alone knows when I might be eligible for the vaccine, but I just DO NOT understand why the MOST vulnerable, elderly, frail are expected to travel to city centers regardless of where they live!
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Sunday 17 January 21 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Mom had her first one just over a week ago, Her appointment was 9.45 and was back not long after. She had pfizer. She had it at the active living centre down the road from gp surgery after being rung by practice nurse. This is one of 4 walsall centres/hubs and  i think they used pfizer as walsall manor is a storage facilty and only is about 10 mins away. Shrewsbury hospital is using pfizer beacause my cousins wife is helping with the vaccinations and had her first one that day.  From what the nespaper said millenium point was using oxford and apparently that asda being turned into accination centre was approved for pfizer.

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Sunday 17 January 21 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Yes, OH did receive the AZ vaccine.  AND, unfortunately for us at times, we do have a Birmingham postcode here in Tamworth!

BUT, as long as we get the vaccination, and we all stay safe  ;D
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY