Author Topic: Covid Vaccination  (Read 16383 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Covid Vaccination
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Well that was efficient and friendly. We were out within 25 mins of arriving including the admin, etc, and the 15 mins at the end. We were given a little card with the Pfizer batch number and date.

It was in a GP hub rather than one of those larger centres. All the staff there were so friendly and nice.

:)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Pretty much the same here yesterday, although the 15 minute wait fell apart a bit as some folks waited a bit longer to see if the rain eased off a bit, and one or two pulled the chairs closer together so they could chat whilst they waited.  :) :) :)

No side effects so far

Mike

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 15:59 GMT (UK) »
It may comfort people to know another statistic - the first dose of the vaccine gives 100% protection against serious illness and death.

I'm not sure too much should be read into those stats. as they're based on the number of people in the trials that suffered severe covid, and those numbers seem quite low.

In the Pfizer trial 10 people suffered severe covid out of over 43K, in total after the 2nd dose. Nine were in the placebo group and one in the vaccine group.

In the Moderna trial 30 people suffered severe covid out of over 30K. All 30 were in the placebo group.

The definition of "severe covid" seems to differ between the trials.
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 16:35 GMT (UK) »
I've had the first of my Pfizer innoculations and this morning during a discussion it appears that Israel has announced that the Pfizer vaccine only gives 32% to 60% protection.  This is far less than the 89% that Pfizer claimed when it brought out the vaccine.

Israel and Pfizer are collaborating in a real life countrywide study. It's a rapid roll-out.
I recommend the series "How to Vaccinate the World", Mondays on Radio 4. An interviewee on this week's programme is involved in the logistics in UK. She's ex-military. The whole scheme is "Operation Stork". The initial phase which began in December is "Operation Robin". "Blue tit" took off this month. Coincidently blackbirds traditionally begin singing on St. Valentine's Day by which time the top 4 priority categories should have had 1st dose. I don't expect to be "Blackbird". I hope I'm not "Cuckoo"   
Cowban

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 17:01 GMT (UK) »
IOM Government have announced that all Manx residents having to travel across (to England) for medical treatment will be offered a Covid vaccination.

As I am still waiting for laser treatment for a kidney stone, that's welcome news indeed ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 17:18 GMT (UK) »
We've been living with a Covid virus for years.  I'm not really scared of the virus, but it came as a bit of a shock when the government minister announced there are 12,000 Covid-19 variants !  :o   I'm hoping it's been incorrectly reported and that there are 12,000 known variants of corona.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 17:42 GMT (UK) »
We've been living with a Covid virus for years.  I'm not really scared of the virus, but it came as a bit of a shock when the government minister announced there are 12,000 Covid-19 variants !  :o   I'm hoping it's been incorrectly reported and that there are 12,000 known variants of corona.

No mistake - there are 12,000 known variants of COVID-19 but that isn't unusual. That's what viruses do.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 18:03 GMT (UK) »
Our local council has posted that all care home residents will have received a vaccination (presumably first) by the end of this week.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it but I've just read a report that suggests that the current vaccines don't suppress the South African variant and they will have to be tweeked.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***