Author Topic: Covid Vaccination  (Read 16407 times)

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Covid Vaccination
« Reply #198 on: Friday 22 January 21 09:17 GMT (UK) »
Just to say that some regions are behind because they didn’t receive any vaccine until a month after some areas. Where I live the northern part of the town started vaccinations mid December. The southern part couldn’t start until mid January because they didn’t get any vaccines.

I live in the southern part and they haven’t finished the over 80s and care homes,of which there are a great many, yet. I’m not expecting mine ( over 70 (just) and extremely vulnerable) until mid February.

I find it extremely annoying when it’s said that they’re starting on people in their 7Os when it isn’t true of all areas.

I fully expect that “shielding” will continue until Easter and I imagine that lockdown will not end sometime in February.

At least the sun is shining today! I shall go for a walk later.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: Friday 22 January 21 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Anent nit-picking & apples & pears, the vaccination programmes in the four countries are different and not at all comparable. The Scottish Government for example has concentrated on getting the Care Homes & Carers jagged first so far, work which is almost complete. Eighty + year olds are next. Having very old folk wound up & complaining on TV news was not a good move by people who should know better!
 Dr Gregor Smith, chief medical officer, said that "vaccine misinformation is one of the biggest dangers we face just now!"

Skoosh.

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: Friday 22 January 21 17:28 GMT (UK) »
examples of old adages:

Over 400 wedding guests gathered in Stamford Hill proving the old adage of ."there's nowt so queer as folk"

They do say "variety is the spice of life" but not in this current clime.

The Welsh minister stated who had what and said they had identified six people with the South African Covid-19 variant.   As travellers from South Africa have been banned since December, I'm guessing somebody decided to fool the Border guards and made a circuitous travel arrangement.

Then,  this evening the Prime Minister stated a couple of southern counties had a variant virus that preferred killing its hosts quickly.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: Friday 22 January 21 17:55 GMT (UK) »
examples of old adages:

Over 400 wedding guests gathered in Stamford Hill proving the old adage of ."there's nowt so queer as folk"

They do say "variety is the spice of life" but not in this current clime.

I think the one that applies is "You can't fix stupid".
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: Friday 22 January 21 19:05 GMT (UK) »
I think today's press conference is sobering. I ain't going anywhere. 

Just making a posh fish/seafood pie for supper.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: Friday 22 January 21 20:05 GMT (UK) »
I think today's press conference is sobering. I ain't going anywhere. 

Just making a posh fish/seafood pie for supper.

Very sobering & the figures are horrific. At least Boris seems to be taking it seriously at last - I just realised tonight he's dropped the buffoon act since Cummings went.

Oven fish and chips for us tonight  ;D

Pat
King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: Friday 22 January 21 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Listened to the local radio today and quite a few people were calling in concerned that they were in their 80s and 90s and hadn't yet been contacted. They were worried that they would be missed as they didn't have access to internet or mobile phones.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: Friday 22 January 21 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Listened to the local radio today and quite a few people were calling in concerned that they were in their 80s and 90s and hadn't yet been contacted. They were worried that they would be missed as they didn't have access to internet or mobile phones.

I was contacted by our GP surgery by landline as we have no mobile signal so there is a system in place.  Our doctor is going thro  the list alphabetically so that may be why,

I think it’s maybe a bit early to worry too much about today’s news, we are now seeing more hospitalisation from the wider community where people are all different, some dash off to the doctor at the first snuffle while others won’t go near until they are breathing their last,
which may be skewing the figures a bit

Mike

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: Friday 22 January 21 22:07 GMT (UK) »

I think it’s maybe a bit early to worry too much about today’s news, we are now seeing more hospitalisation from the wider community where people are all different, some dash off to the doctor at the first snuffle while others won’t go near until they are breathing their last,
which may be skewing the figures a bit

Mike

What do you mean Mike? No one would be admitted to hospital with a ‘snuffle’.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk