Author Topic: Covid Vaccination  (Read 15607 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Covid Vaccination
« Reply #207 on: Friday 22 January 21 22:30 GMT (UK) »
I think if someone presents with one or more symptoms they will be examined, the hospitals dare not take things seriously.
Symptoms vary so much , and it is better to err on the side of caution with such a variable illness, and with mutations already with us.

People,well some are frightened, others stupid ,as witnessed by the wedding party of  140 people  of a group who are more likely to be very ill or die from Covid 19, according to their  Religious  Leader.,
My daughter’s friend’s only symptom was loss of taste.
But she tested positive.
Viktoria.

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: Friday 22 January 21 22:38 GMT (UK) »

I think it’s maybe a bit early to worry too much about today’s news, we are now seeing more hospitalisation from the wider community where people are all different, some dash off to the doctor at the first snuffle while others won’t go near until they are breathing their last,
which may be skewing the figures a bit

Mike

What do you mean Mike? No one would be admitted to hospital with a ‘snuffle’.

Perhaps I was simplifying, some people may wait a lot longer than others, possibly until it is too late, before they dial 111 and are advised to go to hospital.

Mike

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: Saturday 23 January 21 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Listened to the local radio today and quite a few people were calling in concerned that they were in their 80s and 90s and hadn't yet been contacted. They were worried that they would be missed as they didn't have access to internet or mobile phones.

A doctor's spokesperson was on "PM" programme yesterday on this topic. 2 people called in on behalf of their parents aged late 80's & 90's who were worrying they had been overlooked as they knew people who had been vaccinated. The doctor explained how it was organised and assured them that their GP practice would contact them when it was their turn. She said please don't contact the surgery as every person who phoned to enquire was taking up time of admin staff and slowing things down for other patients.
Cowban

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: Saturday 23 January 21 14:50 GMT (UK) »
On Radio today ,Doctors concerned the advice from the vaccine manufacturers is being ignored in the attempt to give as many as possible some immunity ,they urge the Gov to arrange for second vaccine dose to be given in the specified time ie about three weeks after the first.
Oh dear, what a problem,.
Viktoria.

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: Saturday 23 January 21 15:12 GMT (UK) »
On Radio today ,Doctors concerned the advice from the vaccine manufacturers is being ignored in the attempt to give as many as possible some immunity ,they urge the Gov to arrange for second vaccine dose to be given in the specified time ie about three weeks after the first.
Oh dear, what a problem,.
Viktoria

You are just the person to go in there and bang their heads together and tell ‘em to sort it out :) :) :)

Mike

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: Saturday 23 January 21 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Over here, we are sticking with the 3 weeks between vaccinations ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: Saturday 23 January 21 16:51 GMT (UK) »
I am torn, more people getting some immunity or fewer getting full immunity .
I do wonder if the vaccine might be wasted on some people,not because they should not have it, but that with one dose they are not fully immune so will still be vulnerable .
Better brains than mine will have to sort that .
Viktoria.

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: Saturday 23 January 21 17:55 GMT (UK) »
I am torn, more people getting some immunity or fewer getting full immunity .
I do wonder if the vaccine might be wasted on some people,not because they should not have it, but that with one dose they are not fully immune so will still be vulnerable .
Better brains than mine will have to sort that .
Viktoria.

Is simple really, the most urgent need is to stop the hospitals being filled with virus patients, then they can start to treat the million people with distressing painful and debilitating illnesses.

Matt and Boris have decided the best way to do that is to vaccinate as many as possible as soon as possible,  if it works then they can plan a way ahead.

One dose of vaccine may not give total protection but it seems that it will greatly reduce the risk of hospitalisation, if we can get enough doses to to treat those at greatest risk.

I believe it will work so hang in there and keep yourself safe.

Mike

I feel I have to add this

Joe Biden said in his speech...     when we are no longer here will our children say “ we did our best for them”

They are who matter most to us

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: Saturday 23 January 21 18:40 GMT (UK) »
If people stick to the rules about social distancing and wearing masks after they've been vaccinated along with those who haven't yet, the risk of delaying the second vaccine would be much less. Unfortunately there will always be those who don't abide by those rules.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales