Author Topic: Any Ayshfords in the Kingston area or in the South Hams region in general?  (Read 300 times)

Offline Nick93

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Any Ayshfords in the Kingston area or in the South Hams region in general?
« on: Saturday 09 January 21 04:45 GMT (UK) »
Heya, everyone. I'm trying to find a family for an Elizabeth Ayshford married 10 Apr 1707 to a Robert Froude (born 1681). I've found a few clues, but I'm not sure. They did have a son named Arthur born in 1716. There's an Ayshford family in Burlescombe on the other side of Devon that seem to use Arthur as a frequent given name, but that's a bit of a ways away from Kingston. Their grandson, Robert Froude had his daughter baptized Margaret Ayshford Froude in 1769.

Mulling around on google and family search, but no look finding a place where I could see if there was an Ayshford family in the area of Kingston so far.

Offline Nick93

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Any Ayshfords in the Kingston area or in the South Hams region in general?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 January 21 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Ooh, small update, I did manage to find the Kingston parish register on family search, but unfortunately there's no Elizabeth Ayshford born there. A few Ayshfords/Ashfords, though.
https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Kingston,_Devon_Genealogy#Church_records

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 January 21 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth's marriage to Robert is on family search-surnames are Asford and Froud though, but correct marriage date.  Also on there are three children of the marriage-Ann baptised 9/11/1712-Arthur baptised 16/12/1716 and James baptised 2/1/1718-all at Kingston, Ivybridge, Devon. There are also family trees online with this family going back in some cases to 1530. The trees are on Ancestry, but due to copyright as it is a paying site, I cannot put any information on Rootschat. PM me if you require any more information, but of course other people's FT's can be a bit iffy sometimes, so a lot of checking would need to be done.
Regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline Nick93

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 January 21 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Paco, thank you so much for looking. I'm PM'ing you now.