Author Topic: Finding a grave in Hull  (Read 2267 times)

Offline rockmaiden1984

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a grave in Hull
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 January 21 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rockmaiden

From the Burial register for the Northern Cemetery in Hull.

Burial no. 64714, cremated remains

Karl Orlando Atkinson, died 29/5/1982 aged 28, his urn was buried 8/6/1982 in Compartment 523. Grave no. 47
The funeral director was E.W. Brown & Son (of Beverley Road)
His address was 103, 5th Avenue, Hull and place of death was "on Hall Road, Hull"

There is a final column for "other particulars", it has the name Terence Withers

Bee
 :)
Thanks so much for finding it for me  :)

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 January 21 00:12 GMT (UK) »
With the compartment and grave number the Bereavement should be able to supply you with a map of the right area. Good luck
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rockmaiden1984

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 23 January 21 00:39 GMT (UK) »
With the compartment and grave number the Bereavement should be able to supply you with a map of the right area. Good luck

If I want to find other family members buried in the Hull cemeteries in the future. What bit did you go onto on family search to find it?. I must have gone on the wrong bit cause he didn't come up. Thanks

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 23 January 21 02:00 GMT (UK) »
On familysearch, click on "search", then click on "catalogue" then in the place box put Hull and click search, on the alphabetical list click "cemeteries"
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rockmaiden1984

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 23 January 21 03:20 GMT (UK) »
On familysearch, click on "search", then click on "catalogue" then in the place box put Hull and click search, on the alphabetical list click "cemeteries"

Thanks  :)

Offline SteveMB1959

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 September 21 10:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Rockmaiden. My name's Steve in Hull. I'm just asking if you eventually found the grave of Karl Orlando Atkinson. I'm married to Karl's son, Mark Meara-Blount (was Atkinson). I know where the grave is if you haven't located it yet. Steve.