Author Topic: Lincs to the Past -Adobe  (Read 2637 times)

Offline AllanUK

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lincs to the Past -Adobe
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 10:00 GMT (UK) »
I posted this last September when this issue was raised by a post in The Common Room --

Just had a response from Lincolnshire Archives :

''Many thanks for your email regarding the Lincs to the Past website. A new website to replace is being developed and is planned to go online by the end of the year.''

Sounds promising.

Obviously with the Covid situation, the promised revamp is running behind.

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 10:02 GMT (UK) »
I posted this last September when this issue was raised by a post in The Common Room --

Just had a response from Lincolnshire Archives :

''Many thanks for your email regarding the Lincs to the Past website. A new website to replace is being developed and is planned to go online by the end of the year.''

Sounds promising.

Great news - thanks for the info!

Obviously with the Covid situation, the promised revamp is running behind.
Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 10:56 GMT (UK) »
I asked Lincstothepast about this and their reply was:

"Unfortunately there isn't any other way to view the images on our Lincs to the Past site. We are looking at other ways of hosting our images. The baptism, marriage and burial records can be viewed on Find My Past."

I posted yesterday that the records can be viewed on FindMyPast.  I guess that's why they are not in a rush to update their site.

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 11:56 GMT (UK) »
I asked Lincstothepast about this and their reply was:

"Unfortunately there isn't any other way to view the images on our Lincs to the Past site. We are looking at other ways of hosting our images. The baptism, marriage and burial records can be viewed on Find My Past."

I posted yesterday that the records can be viewed on FindMyPast.  I guess that's why they are not in a rush to update their site.

8) :-bd

Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 15 January 21 14:10 GMT (UK) »
I also received a reply from them." Unfortunately as flash player is no longer supported we are unable to show the images on our Lincs to the Past site. We are hoping to have a new platform to show the images on later this year.  Until then records can be viewed on Find my Past....."

As I cannot view through my library system, basically purchase membership or I am stuffed... :(
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 15 January 21 16:14 GMT (UK) »
As I cannot view through my library system, basically purchase membership or I am stuffed

I'm sure there are many helpful people on here who would be happy to look things up for you.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 18 January 21 10:14 GMT (UK) »
As I cannot view through my library system, basically purchase membership or I am stuffed

I'm sure there are many helpful people on here who would be happy to look things up for you.

Oh I know that Lizzie thank you. I just liked going through the "books" myself!
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley