Author Topic: John Connelly and Ann Leonard  (Read 207 times)

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Connelly and Ann Leonard
« on: Tuesday 12 January 21 21:02 GMT (UK) »
John died in Barnhill Poor House 20 October 1893

Death was registered by his niece Elizabeth Duffy and states he was widower of Ann Leonard and his parents are recorded as Henry Connelly and Margaret Carrol.

His usual residence was 64 Meuse Lane

If anyone would like a copy of the death record just pm their email address

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Never trust anything you find online .....
    • View Profile
Re: John Connelly and Ann Leonard
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 January 21 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Excellent find, Sancti.

What a pity that you couldn't post it on https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=842594.0 where it belongs.
Researching

AITKENHEAD, Lanarkshire; BINNY, Forfar; BLACK, New Monkland; BRYSON, Cumbernauld; BURGESS, North-East Scotland; CRUICKSHANK, Rothes; DALLAS, Botriphnie; DAVIDSON, Oyne; GUTHRIE, Angus; HOGG, Larbert; LESLIE, Rothes/Mortlach; MENDUM, England; MOLLISON, Lethnot; PATERSON, Larbert; RHIND, Forfar; SANG, Scotland; SCOTT, East Kilbride; STOR(R)I/E/Y, Shotts; THORNTON, Shotts; WADDELL, New Monkland; WILKIE, New Monkland; WILKIE, Tannadice; WYLLIE, Angus; YOUNG, Keith

Offline Lodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 January 21 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Well done Sancti, you did the right thing!
Paterson, Torrance, Gilchrist - Hamilton Lanarkshire. 
McCallum - Oban, McKechnie - Ross of Mull Argyll.
Scrim - Perthshire. 
Liddell - Polmont,
Binnie - Muiravonside Stirlingshire.
Curran, McCafferty, Stevenson, McCue - Co Donegal
Gibbons, Weldon - Co Mayo.
Devlin - Co Tyrone.
Leonard - County Donegal & Glasgow.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 January 21 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Maybe what we need is someone who didn't contribute to the earlier thread to PM that information to Candybar.
Researching

AITKENHEAD, Lanarkshire; BINNY, Forfar; BLACK, New Monkland; BRYSON, Cumbernauld; BURGESS, North-East Scotland; CRUICKSHANK, Rothes; DALLAS, Botriphnie; DAVIDSON, Oyne; GUTHRIE, Angus; HOGG, Larbert; LESLIE, Rothes/Mortlach; MENDUM, England; MOLLISON, Lethnot; PATERSON, Larbert; RHIND, Forfar; SANG, Scotland; SCOTT, East Kilbride; STOR(R)I/E/Y, Shotts; THORNTON, Shotts; WADDELL, New Monkland; WILKIE, New Monkland; WILKIE, Tannadice; WYLLIE, Angus; YOUNG, Keith

Online Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 January 21 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Well done Sancti...there's no doubting the info. on that DC.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 January 21 10:10 GMT (UK) »
It's a pity that online trees are sharing the wrong information

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 January 21 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Indeed. I wish I could snap my fingers and cause all wrong information in all online and published trees to vanish forever in a puff of blue* smoke.

*or any other colour - I'm not fussy.
Researching

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 14 January 21 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Indeed. I wish I could snap my fingers and cause all wrong information in all online and published trees to vanish forever in a puff of blue* smoke.

...and so wish all of us  ;D .
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline Lodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 14 January 21 14:05 GMT (UK) »

...and so wish all of us  ;D .

I'll certainly drink to that!
The supplier of on-line information is just as guilty. One popular site has a 1901 census entry for my great-grandparents in Motherwell, they were very respectable "Wee Free's" but according to A******y they were living in a sort of commune with my great-grandfather as its head, with several wives and about 20 children, all with different surnames. I have contacted the site several times over the years pointing out that the address was a small tenement building with four individual unrelated families living in 4 separate dwellings but they still wont change it.
The maddening thing is, some idiots have accepted this information and have their trees full of spurious relatives. So my granny and her siblings have about 15 other step-siblings, one of them is the famous (in Motherwell anyway) "Wee" Jimmy Hamilton. Do you remember him Sancti? He had roller skates instead of legs. He was friendly with my grandparents (they had all been at school together) but they never knew he was a relation!   ;D
Paterson, Torrance, Gilchrist - Hamilton Lanarkshire. 
McCallum - Oban, McKechnie - Ross of Mull Argyll.
Scrim - Perthshire. 
Liddell - Polmont,
Binnie - Muiravonside Stirlingshire.
Curran, McCafferty, Stevenson, McCue - Co Donegal
Gibbons, Weldon - Co Mayo.
Devlin - Co Tyrone.
Leonard - County Donegal & Glasgow.