Author Topic: Can anyone help me with this photo of Ned's Ancestor please?  (Read 666 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help me with this photo of Ned's Ancestor please?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 12 March 21 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ned...I gave your ancestor a tidy up for you and centralised it, on cool tone and one a bit warmer.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline FROGSMILE

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help me with this photo of Ned's Ancestor please?
« Reply #10 on: Friday 12 March 21 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Dear Frogsmile
Thank you so much for your thoughts on this. I wonder if it would be possible for my ancestor to have served in India as well as South Africa? On a genealogy site I have identified two military records that could relate to my ancestor, one from the Boer War and another from the First World War (same army number, different wars).
I really do appreciate the help I've been given on this site, it's brilliant and it's so kind of you people out there to take the time to give this advice.  It's already been very helpful.
Best wishes  :)

Yes, he could indeed have served both in India and South Africa.