Author Topic: Dna matches to last names Arnold Booth Smith Hyde Marsh many more  (Read 736 times)

Offline glittabugsammie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dna matches to last names Arnold Booth Smith Hyde Marsh many more
« on: Thursday 14 January 21 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello I am new on here and not sure if posting in wrong place so sorry if it is. I've been doing my family tree research 25+ years. My mums father is unknown,her mum died when she was only 3 years old. Story told was that he was an American/Canadian soldier killed in the war. My mum was born in 1941 in Wiltshire. I think the story was to stop my mum asking, she is nearly 80,agreed to have her dna tested for me. I always hoped it would lead me straight to my grandad and his family but over a year later I still haven't worked out who he is!
My mums Dna matches unknown possible half nephew 860 cm 25 seg(our family trees do not match up, he thinks his grandad was my mums dad, but by the other matches my mum,myself and daughter have do not fit nor do we match anyone else in his tree.The next highest match 363cm 21 seg descended from William Arnold abt1833 and Roseanna Bate 1839 both ending up in Oswestry Shropshire. We all have several 2-3rd cousin matches down to about 100cm to this couple, their son Henry 1865 married Mary Hyde 1866 and we have several matches to the Hyde family so if doing this correctly we are related through the Hyde and Arnold link. One of their children could be my mums grandparent who would of had a child  my grandad about 1920s with a child that would of descended from Thomas Smith 1727, Booth/Clayton(via Keziah and Everett Plumb)Elliott,Woodward through their children as have several matches to them too,highest being the Booth/Clayton line.
 have done leeds method,messaged people,tried dna painter,built out "quick and dirty" trees but being as these matches are  Romany from endgame community most do not help. I'm also on gedmatch,familytreedna and living dna.
Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated or if you know any info on the families :) thank you

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Dna matches to last names Arnold Booth Smith Hyde Marsh many more
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 January 21 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. Not sure that there is enough information to help you on this one. However I have had a look at a tree online that shows the William Arnold/Rosanna Bate family. This shows 13 children born to the family. Of the males in this tree only 3 lived to the age that would have covered the 1920 period when you believe your grandfather may have been born. Henry Arnold 1865-1930, Isaiah Arnold who died in 1922, and William Arnold 1858-1947. However both Henry and Isaiah died in Wales, although this does not mean they were living there in 1920. This leaves the only suspect as William Arnold who lived in Oswestry, Shropshire. I couldn't quite make out what you meant in the last part of your second paragraph I am afraid. However your grandmother must have died in 1944 when your mother was three. Do you have her death certificate? Do you know where she was living on the 1939 register? Lots of checking to do, as you cannot rely on trees online. Regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline glittabugsammie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 January 21 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.
Sorry if I didn't explain properly I get confused by it all and couldn't see all of what I had written.
Basically me,my mum and daughter have a lot of Dna matches to several descendants from William Arnold and Roseanna's children or via Roseannas parents Bate and Marsh other children. I also have lots of matches to Hyde descendants. Mary Hyde married Henry Arnold 1865 so think they have to be my mums  great grandparents for us to match all these people via Dna as if was one of Henrys brothers (William and Isaiah etc)we wouldn't match the Hyde family unless Mary had an affair with one of her brother in laws.
I am trying to work out which of Henry and Marys children had my grandad from a relationship with either a Smith,Booth, Plumb,Elliott,Woodward etc as they also fit into a lot of the dna matches. There is also the possibility that one of Henry and Marys children could be my grandad and was a lot older
than my gran rather than one of their grandchildren being the candidate.

My mums mum was only 19 in 1941 and died in 1944, she stayed near her village of West Tytherley as was very poorly either before being pregnant or afterwards so in 1939 she was in Stockbridge in Wiltshire as a domestic servant. I've looked occupants and neighbors to try to see if any links but nothing,as this is 2 years before my mum was born  I'm unsure if she still was there in 1941 as I know she came home early from that job, either ill or pregnant.
Yes I know lots of trees are incorrect online  as some just copy and don't check. I am having to build up trees just from our Dna matches, keep researching online and branching out as my mum knows nothing of her father or his family its all I can do.
Thank you for looking and replying.Maybe one day someone tests that is a direct ancestor of my grandad and it will all fit into place,until then I will keep plodding on with it. Thanks again

Offline H arnold

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 April 21 14:06 BST (UK) »
Hi were arnolds from oswestry
My husbands great-grandfather was henry arnold his wife was mary hyde there eldest daughter mary married Joseph woodward and lived in Stockport
Not sure if there are any woodwards in stockport now as most have passed or moved on hope this helps xx

Offline glittabugsammie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 23:36 BST (UK) »
Hi were arnolds from oswestry
My husbands great-grandfather was henry arnold his wife was mary hyde there eldest daughter mary married Joseph woodward and lived in Stockport
Not sure if there are any woodwards in stockport now as most have passed or moved on hope this helps xx
Hello Thank you for your reply. I have been looking into our dna matches again on other sites than ancestry and am almost certain, my mums dad was one of Mary Arnold and Joseph Woodwards sons, they link into our Booth Woodward matches.Since my last post my mum now matches even closer to another of the Arnold descendants through Henrys brother Issac on Ancestry and descendants to the Woodwards through My heritage. If you have any info on this family I would be so grateful as Im positive this is my family and hoping a descendant of them is going to do an Ancestry test as he said he would to help work out if our links are correct. xx

Offline H arnold

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 08 April 21 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hi my husband can give u information on the arnold side also a little information of the woodward side what he can remember also pictures .
His granny would be a sister to anslows woodward mother .
Both my husband great grandfathers issac arnold and henry arnold were brothers.
So my hubbys grandparents were first cousins .so perhaps that why you are gettting issac arnold in yr dna.
Infact were both looking at a photo of joe woodward and his son david .
If you want to send yr email address we can share more information with you
I did try PM you but with no look .hope to her from you soon hopefully you might have some information for us ::))

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 08 April 21 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hello again H arnold,

As I said to your in my email, the pm button does not appear to you until you have done 2 posts (which you now have) Please do not publish email addresses of the forum as this is how spammers pick up on your details.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline glittabugsammie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 08 April 21 20:38 BST (UK) »
Hi my husband can give u information on the arnold side also a little information of the woodward side what he can remember also pictures .
His granny would be a sister to anslows woodward mother .
Both my husband great grandfathers issac arnold and henry arnold were brothers.
So my hubbys grandparents were first cousins .so perhaps that why you are gettting issac arnold in yr dna.
Infact were both looking at a photo of joe woodward and his son david .
If you want to send yr email address we can share more information with you
I did try PM you but with no look .hope to her from you soon hopefully you might have some information for us ::))
Thank you so much, this is amazing. Hopefully you got my message. So excited 😊