Author Topic: Ancestry Issue  (Read 464 times)

Offline suzanne2812

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Great, Great Granny Willoughby
    • View Profile
Ancestry Issue
« on: Sunday 17 January 21 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Is it just me, or is anyone having an issue with Ancestry & adding records from hints to your tree?

Firstly, adding to my tree. If I choose an item from 'hints', then view the record I can add it. Unless it's the 1939 census (or any American census). Then it won't add & my tree details at the top are in grey/black. To add it I have to open the document & say 'yes' from there.

Secondly, I am unable to see documents either unless I download them. I don;t have this problem on any other site.

Yes, I am running an older laptop (still better than any of the newer ones in the house) with an unsupported browser.

I would just like to know if it's an issue for others too so I can have a moan or if it's my faithful laptop  :(

Thanks in advance.

Suzanne.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Issue
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 January 21 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi

What operating system and browser are you using?

Very often people have found that switching to the Firefox browser solves Ancestry problems. Not all but quite a few.

Are you able to use Firefox?

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Issue
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 January 21 13:58 GMT (UK) »
They have changed the way the hints system works on a laptop - lots of complaints about it on their facebook page. 

Hints documents now appear at the side rather than below.  If you click on the 'title' of the record at the top it will go then let you add it the old way, if you click on yes at the bottom it goes through a horrendous rigamarole which often ends up with stuff being duplicated.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)