Author Topic: New to Irish Research and in need of advice  (Read 1461 times)

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
New to Irish Research and in need of advice
« on: Monday 18 January 21 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have never done any Irish research.   I am interested in an Elizabeth Lambert, believed to be born in Eire in about 1935.

I have found two possibles in Wexford, can anyone advise me the best way to find further information/obtain certificates?

Thanks for any assistance
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: New to Irish Research and in need of advice
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 January 21 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Is this person still alive?  If not - when & where did she die?

Did she marry?  If so - to whom & when & where?
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Muckish the flat-topped mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 January 21 19:38 GMT (UK) »

Is this one of your two possibles?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F1WQ-JX8

KG
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 January 21 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Pretty sure she is not still alive, although I am not sure and I have found no evidence that she married. I don't want to post the very little further information that I have because she may be!

Yes, that is one of my possibles.

Really looking for some general advice about how to look for further information or whether it might be possible to obtain a birth certificate.  As I said I have never done any Irish research.

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline culbaire

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 January 21 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Marriage in 1920 of Lambert and Corish. Wexford  Registration district.  Available on Irish Genealogy.ie

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 02:14 GMT (UK) »
Yes it is possible to get a birth certificate. You apply to the Irish GRO, using the information in the Familysearch index as posted by kiltaglassan earlier. You will need the page number, which is available under 'Document Properties'.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.

Offline culbaire

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Using familysearch.org there are two Elizabeth Lambert births in the Enniscorthy area (part of Co Wex) 1934-1936. The mother's surname is given in each case. Using irishgenealogy.ie (civil records) you can find the possible marriages of the parents. (one married in Dublin, other in Enniscorthy area). You can also find the possible marriage record of the parents of the first birth you linked. You can then view these marriage records which may help to narrow down your search.

Offline frostyknight

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 12:18 GMT (UK) »
In addition to the advice already given, you can request a research cert, which costs €5 & is a photocopy of the entry. Much cheaper than a certified copy, which would be needed for official purposes.