Author Topic: James Green 241129 East Lancs Regt Pension Document  (Read 230 times)

Offline mlmcholm

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Green 241129 East Lancs Regt Pension Document
« on: Monday 18 January 21 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I have just downloaded a pension document and I am struggling to understand it. On the left hand side it has various letters  and number. Does anyone know what they mean please. Many thanks as always

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Green 241129 East Lancs Regt Pension Document
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 10:35 GMT (UK) »
The pension cards are explained here:
https://www.westernfrontassociation.com/world-war-i-articles/pension-record-cards-and-ledgers-how-they-fitted-in-to-the-bigger-picture/

I think you will find that the entries meant something with regard to payment/correspondence at the time and without other parts of the system are unintelligible today.

The WFA are always ready to answer queries.

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline mlmcholm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: James Green 241129 East Lancs Regt Pension Document
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 13:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks MaxD. James Green was discharged in 1918 and according to his pension/service records was first admitted to Netley, then the Lord Derby Hospital in Warrington, then finally the ‘asylum’ in Lancaster. Unfortunately the sheet that probably states his diagnosis is very difficult to read. He remained in Lancaster until his death in 1964 and is buried in Burnley. I will post that paper for you, I have edited it the best I can, in the hope you can shed some light. Many thanks