Author Topic: Public Records Office Victoria (PROV) inquest index CD-ROM - available?  (Read 1274 times)

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Public Records Office Victoria (PROV) inquest index CD-ROM - available?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 February 21 06:52 GMT (UK) »
I can see on Provic a body card for Charles Wishart in 1963

M

Yes, I have that one, but it's the actual inquest I'm after - the body card refers to various items that it doesn't actually contain; I'm hoping that the inquest will have them...

Yes it was aimed more for sparrett in case she couldn't locate it on the CD :)

Intrigued to know what you're working on with these?

M

Offline Keats

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 September 21 03:01 BST (UK) »
OK, updates...

1) Ordered and received the CD-ROM from Macbeth - very helpful indeed, filled in a lot of gaps in my research. Many errors in the info on the disc, but nothing too major...

2) Ordered and received the Wishart inquest - and as with more than a few of the PROV holdings, there's an anomaly: in this case, the purported photo of the accident site (taken a few days later) is actually from a completely different (and unknown) inquest, and doesn't depict the area I was after. Happens more often than you'd think!

3) PROV have finally updated their site, and it's addressed / fixed most of the issues with the previous version of the site. The Macbeth CD-Rom is now effectively redundant (although I'm still glad to have gotten it - it was very useful at the time!)

4) No longer have a day job, so have been able to devote more time to my various research projects

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 08 September 21 05:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Interesting news Keats.
It is wonderful how our information sources are continually evolving.
Speaking of errors in files reminded me of the numerous times I have sought a will which are digitised through provic.

I have downloaded the file only to find that it does not belong to the person indexed.

Someone has put  the one I want into the wrong envelope. Gone!

Ah well, it is all just part of the joy. ;D

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk