Author Topic: Diary > Tuesday 19th January.  (Read 1367 times)

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Tuesday 19th January.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 09:31 GMT (UK) »
Am replying to both until merged, will post mine here.  :)

MH, wow you're brave tackling that sort of weather for your walk, it sounds very bracing! I'm sure the ladies will have enjoyed just having the virtual get together on your Zoom call despite the lack of conversation. Hope you enjoyed the Scottish series regardless of the language barrier!  :D

*Added  - merge was done while I was typing!
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 09:33 GMT (UK) »
My day on Tuesday:

Had a very disturbed night, went off to sleep but woke about 4am. Although I'd got rid of the smell earlier in the evening of the leeks I'd been cooking I was convinced that I could still smell them strongly. I couldn't get back to sleep and eventually sat up to read for a while, having sprayed a little perfume into the air. Put my head down after an hour and I was away again.

As forecast, it was pouring down with rain and it never let up all day so once more I didn't get out for a walk.
Phoned a friend whose birthday it was, an older lady who usually deals with whatever life throws at her and manages to sound cheerful but today she seemed pretty downhearted. Not really surprising considering what she's had to put up with. She has an appointment for her jab on Thursday which is good.

Had another go with the soup, suffice to say it was a bit of a disaster. Put the rest of the chicken in the freezer apart from a few slices to make a meal with later. Had a sandwich for lunch and cleared up the mess in the kitchen.
My friend L phoned, she too was tearing her hair out with the drawing for the art project. Later on I tinkered with her reference photo again, it might help her further. Emailed it to her.

Did some hoovering while it was still relatively light, the days are stretching out a little. Heated the chicken in gravy and did a dinner with it. I've been buying frozen cauliflower to save on waste but there's too much stalk and the flavour isn't as good so next time I'll be buying fresh.
Watched the Pottery Throwdown  I loved some of the little buildings they created, such talent.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Online Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Evidently I have more OCD tendencies than I realised.
The disorder of this thread is driving me nuts!!
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 11:39 GMT (UK) »
It is a bit confusing!  ;D I'll have to try and start the next one tonight, although having said that,  Caroline and I have often crossed over at that time. I think it's when someone is writing a lengthy post, another person can have posted while they're in the middle of it. I've taken to writing mine in Notepad in case it all disappears, then copy and paste it into RC. Unfortunately that means that if someone has already started theirs, having checked that no-one has beaten them to it, we end up clashing anyway!

Viktoria, I'm very pleased to hear that your dizziness has gone.  :)

Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Online Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 11:44 GMT (UK) »
QUOTE: ....copy and paste it into RC. Unfortunately that means that if someone has already started theirs, having checked that no-one has beaten them to it, we end up clashing anyway!

Quite so Roobarb.  That's what I did, and that's what happened! ;)
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 11:46 GMT (UK) »
I have been browsing and have an idea what happened.

Roobarb and Caroline both posted a Tuesday diary. Merge requested.

A couple of days ago Viktoria posted a diary type reply mistakenly on the Covid jab thread.

Request was made for it to be moved to the diary thread .... hence this quite confusing thread.  ;D

I think there has been a bit of a merge mixup.  ;D

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 11:56 GMT (UK) »
That's nearly right Ruskie, it was Caroline and MH who posted together.  :)

MH, it seems to be a trade off!  ;D We'll have to see if we can get Caroline to use Notepad.  :)
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 12:18 GMT (UK) »
That's nearly right Ruskie, it was Caroline and MH who posted together.  :)

MH, it seems to be a trade off!  ;D We'll have to see if we can get Caroline to use Notepad.  :)

you have to be joking 🤣🤣🤣 I use my iPad to write and usually in bed at the time.... wouldn’t have a clue how to write copy and paste!!!!!!!
hardly ever use the computer so I’ll just wait for others to post!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline chrissiecruiser

• RootsChat Senior
  • Dora Berg (12/5/1893-8/10/1916)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 12:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello Chatters,
I hope you don't mind me telling you about my day Tuesday (yesterday for me here in South Australia).
Woke early as usual to a terrific morning, 26degrees.
Watered my shadehouse which contains my summer vegies, as I have no regular garden, only sand and bore water. I live on a farm in the SE of SA.
Had my regular brekky, then off to Naracoorte which is my nearest town, 35ks away to meet up with my weight watchers lot for a natter and coffee.
Then to the gym to do my oldies circuit for an hour, after which I popped into my daughter's house.
She was due to have a baby boy on the 17th. But no...he is quite happy where he is!
She is over it right now!
Then headed home after lunching with her to prepare the evening meal.
OH yummied steak and salad for tea.
Not looking forward to this coming few days...we are having a proper heat wave approaching with 43 on sunday.    Hiding!!!
By the way, last week my little town got hit with a fire. It wiped out several homes, livestock, fencing, sheds, hay etc and my hubby and I evacuated to daughter's with photos, hard drive, ancestry records, tax papers, 3 large cats, the working dog and 2 ponies.
All ended up ok for us though, nothing gone. It stopped 4k's from us.   Scary.
Sorry, I meant to say all that last week but was a bit busy.
Cheers to you all,
Stay safe
Chris
Berg - Uppsala, Sweden
Bissett - Scotland
Butler - Yorkshire
Butt - Dorset
Butterworth - Yorkshire
Cave - Somerset
Darby - Somerset
Grierson - Scotland
Kruger/Krueger - Prussia, Germany