Author Topic: Diary > Tuesday 19th January.  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Diary > Tuesday 19th January.
« on: Tuesday 19 January 21 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Hope everyone is alright , and your loved ones.
I am fine now, dizziness gone ,well inability to stay upright really.
I will get checked out when it is safe to do so.
B.P. tablets might need reducing.

Bad storm due  later, and let’s hope no fatalities, as flooding is expected.
Anyone who does not think there is massive climate change needs certifying.
Hebden Bridge  is under threat ,not heard about this specific area.

Just had my evening meal, tagliatelle with a broccoli and Stilton sauce.
I am hardly ever hungry these days.
But remember to drink plenty.

To do with another post ,I rooted out to send a photograph ,a lpiece of tartan
which was that of my husband’s family although they lived in Lancashire all their lives.
In the softer  ancient colours .
Bought in Inverary.
Now I have got to tidy it away!
Can you imagine how appalling it must have been wearing the kilt in the trenches!

My very elderly neighbour is alright ,had her vaccine early last week.
I always check ,a few minutes chat and I know she is alright.

Goings on in Cardiff!
A sort of drinks party ,attended by those who ought to know better.
Why do they think they are above any restrictions, restrictions they happily impose on others.

Last day for Trump, great security measures everywhere,
400’000 Covid deaths in the US! What a legacy.
Let’s hope it all goes peaceably.

Cheerio, look after yourselves,
Viktoria.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Tuesday 19th January.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Viktoria, did you perhaps intend your posting for the diary thread? It doesn't seem to relate to coronavirus vaccinations.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 19:50 GMT (UK) »
Ooops! Yes, my apologies ,thanks.
I am all mixed up with the dates etc.
Sorry can’t find .delete
Viktoria.

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Ooops! Yes, my apologies ,thanks.
I am all mixed up with the dates etc.
Sorry can’t find .delete
Viktoria.

Viktoria, if you go to your original post and click Report to Moderator in the bottom right of your post, you can ask them if it's possible to move it to the diary thread.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 08:48 GMT (UK) »
Gosh! Looks like I'm first today!
Too wet and foggy to enjoy an early bread raid, so, driving to the supermarket, made a detour via the bakers.
For the first time since the original panic last year, there was a queue of people waiting when we emerged.
Before lunch there was a zoom call with a couple of ladies who are missing their monthly coffee and chat group, but sadly we had to scratch around for conversation, as of course none of us have been anywhere, so have nothing edifying to say.
Went for a walk along the prom, dressed up like Nanook of the North because of heading directly into strong winds and driving rain. On the plus side, it was so unpleasant there was almost no-one else mad enough to be out, and when we turned to retrace our steps, with the wind behind us conditions became almost balmy. 
Visibility was very poor, but we could just make out 5 cruise ships at anchor in the Bay.
Sat quietly reading while H conducted 2 tutoring sessions, during which I produced our meal and washed up after, which did while away some time.
Watched the first instalment of a Scottish series - Trace - because I was fed up with French and sub titles, but actually I almost needed subtitles for some of the rich Scots accents.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 09:05 GMT (UK) »
Well everyone must have been tired last night or waiting for some to start!....
Well here goes...

The weather was mild a balmy 11C (according to our weather station) and breezy so I  got some washing in ...
OH busy making bread so a late lunch was looming...
 after breakfast I decided it was time to clean the rest of the house... gave OH’s bedroom a good spring clean pulled out furniture etc... felt satisfied after the house looked sparkling...
Thought I’d copy the family document about our 14 gt. aunts / uncles to send off to my new 2nd cousin... got half way through printing and the ink cartridge ran out ...😱😱... a new one only put in before Christmas..... they certainly don’t put much ink in them these days and still charge a fortune... dilemma now... decided I’d post what I’d done so far photographed the rest and will email those in the hope he can read them ok! Put in a short note and walked up the village to post them...
Had shower hair wash by this time bread cooked and ready to eat... time 2.45!!!
Thinking about all this family history reenergised me into going through this part of my family tree again... see what’s new... I’ve got subs for both FindMyPast and Ancestry.... I found one census I had missed on FindMyPast but A just didn’t show it up at all what ever methods I tried... very frustrating... couldn’t see where to put in Reg no, folio, pg etc... then I couldn’t open the GRO site either... had quite a frustrating afternoon but enjoyed going through the families... by the time I looked at the clock it was almost 7pm! OH busy with his new 1500 piece jigsaw... neither of us very hungry so we just had an omelette with vegs...
Some good news from village friends two are having their first vaccinations on Thursday.... but not at our surgery as it’s too small... but good news...
Watched some tv... can’t believe the death figures today over 1600.... at leat infection numbers down...
That’s my day.... hope others have had a good one and not been too affected by the brewing weather... take care and stay safe...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 09:09 GMT (UK) »
MH - looks like we’ve just posted at the same time.... shall I ask mods to merge the two?
You’re very brave going out in that weather.... can just visualise you dressed up!
It’s hard having conversations these days as you always resort to talking about covid!
Take care today and hope your weathers not too bad...
Caroline

ADDED - just asked mods to merge..
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 09:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Caroline..... I did check and yours was not there when I posted!!
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 09:24 GMT (UK) »
After feeling too tired to post last night I see there are two diaries for Tuesday this morning, a request made to merge. So until then I'll reply to them separately and post mine on MH's as it seems to be the earliest.

Well done on getting the printing done Caroline, they reckon that the price of printer ink is more than that of the finest champagne. You can buy ones with extended use, they work out cheaper per sheet but of course more initial outlay. I seem to remember that the code number is suffixed by X or XL, will check. Nice for you to get some research done and I'm sure your second cousin will appreciate it.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales