Author Topic: Granparent Catherine tuke born 1903 died 1956  (Read 647 times)

Offline Marley21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Granparent Catherine tuke born 1903 died 1956
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 21 January 21 11:43 GMT (UK) »
i was looking for there marriage cert Joseph otoole  born 1900 died 1978
He was married to Catherine tuke born 1902-03 died 1956 they lived in shankill co dublin
Had 9 children

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 21 January 21 12:20 GMT (UK) »
i was looking for there marriage cert Joseph otoole  born 1900 died 1978
He was married to Catherine tuke born 1902-03 died 1956 they lived in shankill co dublin
Had 9 children

Here it is.......1921
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1921/09218/5334943.pdf

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 21 January 21 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Joseph Toole was born 9/6/1900 son of Thomas Toole and Essie nee Vicars.   They were living in Castlemacadam 1901 and 1911 and this is Joseph's address at marriage.

Thomas Toole and Esther Vicars married 24/6/1884 Newbridge (Rathdrum), Co. Wicklow.

You can view the certificates on Irish Genealogy.

'Catherine' birth - as already mentioned - was 4/9/1902, dau. of Richard and Anne, nee Byrne and she was registered as Kathleen.   Family are in Ballymoneen 1911 (address given at marriage) and this time she is shown as 'Cathleen'. 

So, Joseph O'Toole was actually Joseph Toole and wife Catherine Tuke was actually born as Kathleen. 

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Marley21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 21 January 21 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for that Annette

Tricia

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 21 January 21 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Joseph Toole was born 9/6/1900 son of Thomas Toole and Essie nee Vicars.   

Born in the townland of Coolgarrow.
https://www.townlands.ie/wicklow/arklow/ballintemple/arklow-rural/coolgarrow/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Marley21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi i cant find my grandmothers death cert the exact date is 8/03/1956 or my grandfather exact date 5/12/1978
I have tried irish genealogy but nothing is there any where else that i can get this information
😏

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi i cant find my grandmothers death cert the exact date is 8/03/1956 or my grandfather exact date 5/12/1978

This looks like it at Shankill near Bray.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1956/04419/4152977.pdf

Your grandfather's death in 1978 will not be on IrishGenealogy....only deaths up to 1969.
See-
https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/civil-records/help/what-civil-records-are-on-line

KG

Offline Marley21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks kg i find it all confusing date of birth doesn't match with the death cert her address is right .memorial card has her age at 53 🤔

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 16:13 GMT (UK) »
......i find it all confusing date of birth doesn't match with the death cert her address is right . memorial card has her age at 53 🤔

Your age on the memorial card is right. Remember that the information given to the assistant registrar to complete the death record came from the coroner for Co Dublin. He/she may not have known her date of birth, and estimated her age.

KG