Author Topic: Looking for Mary Jane McKenna  (Read 2439 times)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Mary Jane McKenna
« Reply #27 on: Friday 07 May 21 19:29 BST (UK) »
Mary Jane's death has been confirmed as being the registration mentioned by AllanUK and JenB in reply 15 and 16.

Please can you give us the details on the death certificate especially place of death and informant?
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ella McMahon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 08 May 21 02:02 BST (UK) »
Hi JenB,

My choice of wording was probably not the best in my last response, I apologise for the confusion.  I don't have Mary Jane's death certificate.  So, I think that document maybe a worthwhile investment, as I can be downloaded off the GRO website, may save a lot of good people some time.  Thanks JenB.

Ella.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 08 May 21 09:12 BST (UK) »
I have just realised that I have not looked at the Old Tynemouth cemetery which I think didn't close until around 1933  and also the Earsdon area .
I am hoping to get to the library again soon as I have something to look up again for someone else, so I will also check these.

I have noticed that an Adam McKenna died in the Northumberland South area.  This would have at one time covered the Tynemouth area.  I think it looks like his age would fit that of what seems to be her brother Adam.

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 10 May 21 18:13 BST (UK) »
Just another update.  Tynemouth Old Cemetery and Earsdon were also checked today and she is not there either.
I agree with Jen that it might now be best to order the cert to find out where she may have died and possibly where her usual residence was at time of death.  Usual residence might help with working out where the burial place may have been. 
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 10 March 23 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Just a quick update as I am almost out of charge on my Kindle - I have found Mary Jane at long last! :D
Will post details at latest by tomorrow.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 10 March 23 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Well, Allan and Jen had the right death registration. 

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/250395612/mary-jane-mckenna

Mary Jane died on 1 October 1923.  She is buried in Walker Churchyard, which I believe is attached to Christ Church, Walker.

This is Mary Jane's death notice from the Newcastle Evening Chronicle:

'McKENNA.-12 Duke Street, Newcastle, suddenly (at Walker Gate Hospital) on 1st aged 22 years and 4 months, Mary Jane, dearly beloved daughter of Thomas and Sarah McKenna.  To be interred at Walker Churchyard on Friday, cortege to leave Hospital gates at 2.15.  All friends and neighbours kindly invited.  R.I.P.  Deeply mourned.'

I have added this information to Find A Grave with an image of the death notice as it will be out of copyright

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 11 March 23 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Well done RTL.

I looked for this death in the newspapers on FNP when this enquiry was first made (nearly two years ago!).

I didn't find anything. However had looked I more closely at this result I might perhaps have made something of it  :-X...or maybe not.

MrKENNA— 12 Duke St Nsweasile fat Hospital) on 1st aged 22 4 months Mary lane daughter and Sarah MeKrnna To t Walker on cortege leave at 215 friend'- and neighbour-kindly invited RIP mourned

Let's hope Ella sees your post.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 11 March 23 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jen.  It's good that we got there eventually with this.
I did send Ella a pm yesterday.  I can only hope she is still around to see it.  You just never know these days.
I think having little Ella, must have felt like such a consolation for Thomas and Sarah when Mary Jane lost her life at 22.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 11 March 23 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Deleted.