Author Topic: DUNNE - Osborne Lodge, Rathbride  (Read 2163 times)

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DUNNE - Osborne Lodge, Rathbride
« Reply #18 on: Friday 22 January 21 18:26 GMT (UK) »
How in the name of Jesus is anyone able to track people down when they keep chopping and changing names when suits ??? I'm at this 6 days like an obsession trying to find descendants of Marion Bridget dunne or her gravestone but sure God only knows at this stage  :: ;D

Brilliant - and I have to apologise - you could only be Irish to make that comment.  Irish humour is "second to none"  ;D ;D ;D

No disrespect intended. 
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 22 January 21 18:28 GMT (UK) »
How in the name of Jesus is anyone able to track people down when they keep chopping and changing names when suits ??? I'm at this 6 days like an obsession trying to find descendants of Marion Bridget dunne or her gravestone but sure God only knows at this stage  :: ;D

Remember the old adage:

There is no Genealogists Anonymous because no-one wants to quit.   ;D ;D
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Choccie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 22 January 21 18:38 GMT (UK) »
Ha ha ha ....yup, I'm Irish ... but they must have been on the hard liquor before ... 'sure , we'll name her Catherine but for the laugh we'll stick her on the census as Katrine and when you're calling her in for her tea , just scream for Kathleen and she'll come running with Ursula ... who really is Mary .... and as for Marion Brigid .... shes a bloody mystery...  ::)

Offline Choccie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 25 January 21 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately the possible 4 descendents suggested above are not of Marion Bridget Doyle...Worth a try anyway , thank you 😊

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 03 February 21 12:40 GMT (UK) »
I dont propose to know much about DNA   but i was watching a ''How i caught the killer'' murder investigation that happened 30 yrs before DNA was discovered,the murder or cold case was reopened 30 yrs later with the advancement of DNA testing so they were able to get some DNA from the murder scene which was kept on file for the 30 yrs but they could'nt get a match in their database however a young detective who was reading up on DNA and its value in helping solve crimes found there was a thing called Gedmatch which will give hits to someone related to the DNA sample,they eventually got a match to a son of the murderer and found he had been in prison and was out on bail at the time of the murder and lived in the right area and unfortunately for them was now deceased.

so an avenue to explore if you'r that desperate  sure are'nt we all desperate with some of our ancestor's who leave us shrouded in mystery.

Offline Choccie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 03 February 21 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Would you believe that I am waiting for the results of my DNA from my heritage !

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 03 February 21 12:52 GMT (UK) »
excellent   best of luck