Author Topic: Parents of Elizabeth Walton ca.1761 - Stanton?  (Read 300 times)

Offline Emsworthy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bert & Ernie...we love you!!!
    • View Profile
Parents of Elizabeth Walton ca.1761 - Stanton?
« on: Saturday 23 January 21 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am on the hunt for the parents of Elizabeth Walton, b.ca. 1761 in Suffolk.  I believe she may have been born in Stanton, or the surrounding area. She married Charles Catton (b.1758)  She died in Barningham in 1843.

If anyone can find her parents, I'd be very grateful!

Many thanks,

Emma
~Census Transcriptions, Crown Copyright, National Archives~<br /><br />All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Warner (Essex) Edgley (Suffolk) Blake & Sparrowhawk (Lambeth) Hall & Gibson (Co. Durham) Brown (Yorkshire)

Offline gobbitt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of Elizabeth Walton ca.1761 - Stanton?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 January 21 12:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello Emma

Elizabeth may have been christened at Stanton St John the Baptist on 9 November 1758, when her parents were named as James and Elizabeth. However, a clerical error is suggested by the baptism of Ann, daughter of James and Sarah, in the same church on 2 May 1757 (buried 28 May) and by those of eight children of James and Sarah at Stanton All Saints between 1760 and 1772.

Other records confirm the mistake:

James WALTON married Sarah BAKER of Stanton All Saints at Stanton St John on 11 April 1757

Sarah WALTON (widow of James; late BAKER spinster) was buried at Stanton All Saints on 22 May 1801

David

Offline Emsworthy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bert & Ernie...we love you!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of Elizabeth Walton ca.1761 - Stanton?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 January 21 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again, David - you're a star! 

What else to do on a snowy day, than chase the elusive ancestors?!
~Census Transcriptions, Crown Copyright, National Archives~<br /><br />All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Warner (Essex) Edgley (Suffolk) Blake & Sparrowhawk (Lambeth) Hall & Gibson (Co. Durham) Brown (Yorkshire)