Author Topic: Decifer Duncan McIntyre Marriage REcord  (Read 729 times)

Offline rebeccareardon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Decifer Duncan McIntyre Marriage REcord
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 January 21 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks. I will try that and see how I go.
Have a good day. bec

Offline rad-ix

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 March 21 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bec. Duncan and Catherine McIntyre are my ancestors going back six generations. I'm also looking for the records of their births and marriage. The place on the record listing their offspring is 'Unachan' badly transcribed as 'Munachan' probably from 'Aonachan' an earlier name. The mother is listed as Kathrine Kennedy. Have you any further information to say that the Catherin McIntyre marrying the Duncan McIntyre in Kilninver and Kilmelfort Parish is actually the Kathrine Kennedy on the children's birth records?

Offline rebeccareardon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 20 September 21 03:56 BST (UK) »
Hi RAd-ix - sorry I have just seen your query as I had put the family history aside for the last few months. The line of  Duncan and Catherin is difficult to decifer as it is so common a name. I have taken it back from one of their children Archibald McIntyre who listed as being from Unchan on his marriage records - his wife Jesse and family came to Australia on the Exhibition ship in 1854 - I think Archibald came out earlier with his eldest son. For Duncan and Catherin(Archibalds parents maybe) I have a marriage banns at Kilninver and Kilmelfort on 15 May 1790. I have record of 12 children of Duncan McIntyre of Munachan and  Katherine Kennedy registered at Kilmonivaig Parish sometime after 1817. And Katherine's death record 13 Sept 1841 in Glasgow. Sounding helpful or that we are working on the same lineage? Bec

Offline rad-ix

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 20 September 21 14:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks a lot for replying. Yes indeed that's the same line. Archibald and Jessie are my grandmother's great-grandparents. Thanks to your original question I was able to find that the Catherine and Duncan mentioned on the burial record really are Archibald's parents.

As you know, Catherine was buried in 1841 in St Mungo's New Burial Ground in Duncan's lair 2/24D (middle of 24D) and from the burial record from 1835 of Archibald's daughter Elizabeth, she was also buried at St Mungo's in a lair adjoining 19D, just a few lairs up from 24D.

Of course I have come to a dead end going back any further. There really are too many Duncan McIntyres in Scotland and everywhere else. But I have found that Archibald and his father Duncan were at one time, Shoemakers in Eglinton Street Lauriston and Archibald's brothers ran an Academy round the corner in Norfolk Street before they migrated to Australia.

Are you related to any of them?

Offline rebeccareardon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 20 September 21 23:08 BST (UK) »
Dear Rad-ix - sounds like you have managed to dig up additional info to me also which is great. I will be offline for a couple of days but would love to exchange everything we have. To get the ball started I have Duncan and Catharin having 12 children -12 children - Ann (1793), John (1794), Catherine (1796), Allan (1798), Alexander (1801), Archibald John (1804), William (1806), Angus (1809), Donald (1811), Neil (1813), Ewen (1814), and Duncan Kennedy (1817). Then ARchibald married Jesse Halling and they had 9 children -  9 children - Duncan (1830), Elizabeth Campbell (1832 died young?), Flora (1835), Katherine Amelia Campbell (1836), Wilhelmina (1839), John Archibald (1841), Eglantine Jane Upton MacDougall (1845), William McKinnon (1848) and Mary Georgina (1850). I have highlight my ancestors. ARchibald and Jesse emigrated to Australia and that is where I am based. However, I don't think all hte children emigrated to Australia with ARchibald and Jess. Bec

Offline rad-ix

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 18:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Bec. That's great! John Archibald is one of my all time favorite family members. I have found quite a lot of information about his very busy land transactions and his busy life in all the newspaper articles. I'm descended from his brother Duncan. His daughter Jessie was the mother of my grandmother, also named Jessie. And I've have been trying to find out as much as I can about the family all the way back into Scotland as well as all their descendants. So I would love to share notes with you. Let me know when you're back into it. Best wishes. Rod.