Author Topic: Diary > Monday 25th January  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary > Monday 25th January
« on: Tuesday 26 January 21 01:56 GMT (UK) »
Haven't posted for a few days so thought I'd start today's.   Been under the weather for 2/3 days so really not much to report.

Felt a lot better today which was lovely and sunny after a frosty start.   Just as well I was up and about as had 2 separate deliveries today. 

Have been reading all the posts though so have seen what you've all been up to.  Just remembered I did venture out once - popped out briefly Saturday afternoon to deliver birthday card to my nephews wife.   There and back in around 20 minutes.

Hope you are all keeping safe.

Annette 
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 25th January
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 08:09 GMT (UK) »
Glad you are feeling better again Annette, hope you weren't too poorly to make progress with the knitting.
The sky was such a fabulous colour by 06:45 that I waited until it was a little lighter, and went out with my camera. A stunning sunrise and a beautiful early stroll. The ground on Roundham head was dry and frozen.
Back for breakfast by which time H was eager to get out, so we thought we would try to get around the lakes, but the standing water from continuous rain Saturday to Sunday night had made the marsh impassable without knee height wellies, so we walked up the main road to get to the end of South Beach for our return along the prom. 5 cruise ships in the Bay, and interestingly 3 NATO warships lined up at anchor beyond them!
I noticed many people were wearing masks in the open air, and traffic was heavy at 11:00, which ought not to have been rush hour, but such a sunny and pleasant day, feeling very grateful.
Encountered my 80+ neighbour at the front door. She felt quite sore yesterday after her vaccination on Saturday, but much better today, and has been given a date in 3 months for her second dose.
After lunch I sat on the balcony reading for a while, though it was cold enough to need a jacket, despite the sun beaming down.
Had a video call with chums in Cumbria, and played around with plans for when we can all get out and about again, eventually. 
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to hear you’ve been under the weather Annette hope you’ll soon feel back to normal....

MH - your early morning stroll sound lovely... I’m not an early bird in the winter though but can appreciate the peace and quiet!
Always interested to hear about the ships in the bay too...
Nice to plan for the future which will eventually come..... just not sure when!

My day was much the same as all the others... the weather was very cold and the snow still around despite the clear blue sky and sunshine it’s not melted very much at all...
After breakfast I tidied up around the place and then mid morning our shopping delivery arrived...
Usual process of isolation and repackaging etc....
After lunch I did the ironing and would you believe that having ordered the book Jamaica Inn ( still awaiting its arrival) but I’d got an audio one from BorrowBox but that wasn’t going to be available until late Feb.... good job I hadn’t cancelled it as it suddenly became available.... so I listened to that read by Tony Britton..
We then had a game of scrabble which I won second to last go I managed to use all my tiles scoring an extra 50 points.... now I’m two games ahead... we decided to play another game which I also won!
Watched Downing St briefing....
Dinner was the beef from yesterday cut in strips with spring onions mushrooms bamboo shoots in hoisin sauce with rice and green veg..
Usual Monday night tv... University Challenge, Devon & Cornwall, Fishing something or other...
early night after late one yesterday...
Life seems very dull at the moment... should really do some sewing but can’t muster up the energy at the moment...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Pleased to hear you're feeling better Annette, thought you must be immersed in your knitting and jigsaws when you hadn't posted.

MH, sunny days like that certainly help, you're very brave sitting on the balcony in January, good that you enjoyed it.

Caroline, well done on getting the audio book and getting ahead in the scrabble. I agree that life is dull at the moment.

My day was mostly just a repeat of Sunday.
Did some Pilates, out for a walk round the usual places. Sunny and not as cold.

Did some more painting, changed one of the colours slightly, it looks better. Photographed it, sent to art teacher for approval or otherwise, although she's always encouraging.
Made a pan of pasta sauce, had some for tea with prawns, will freeze the rest. TV, bath and bed to read, that was it.

Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 16:23 GMT (UK) »
You may have noticed that i haven't posted recently and you may have thought I was cowering away somewhere.  Far from it - I had a massive heart attack and spent 3 days in a coma in intensive care before improving and eventually returning home yesterday.

The whole hospital was rife with covid and the staff are having to work extremely hard to try and keep it at bay for those admitted in a negative position.  They are working incredibly hard in such difficult circumstances.

I am not looking for any sympathy but would like to reiterate the need to observe all the current lockdown rules without hesitation simply to make hospitals a safe place to which to be admitted.  None of you know when someone you know might need hospital treatment for something totally unrelated to covid, but that might well have an effect on their admission and treatment.

Think the bigger picture please.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 16:30 GMT (UK) »
So is it only the 150 readers of the Monday 25th January diary that you're urging to observe the rules? If not then why not post it as a separate topic on the Stay Safe board?
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 16:41 GMT (UK) »
No of course not, but quite frankly unless you have suffered a heart attack, you will have no idea of how weak I am currently feeling. 

I had over 14 pages of unread posts which I simply deleted as not having any energy to read them, neither could I search topic forums to find the best place to post.

I simply recall that I have posted about this on this thread previously.

If you don't care about the state of the NHS fine, but it is not simply disobey lockdown rules if you don't mind catching covid.  NHS resources are considerably drained by having to nurse those with covid so that other resources are having to be diverted - which is why other teams are not operating.  During my stay in iTU i had 1:1 care from a junior doctor, a dental nurse, a sexual health nurse and a breast cancer nurse.  All drafted in from their usual place of work to assist and therefore not able to offer their usual care.  Somebody you know may need these services which will be unavailable.

Too weak to type any more - please heed.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 18:16 GMT (UK) »
This is a diary thread.... better to find somewhere else to post on the
‘Stay Safe Board’ ....
I’m sure we’ve all had someone we know who’s suffered a heart attack to know just what the implications are...
I suggest you just rest, look after yourself if you’re so weak to continue typing.. and stop winding people up...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Online DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Back to diary entries.
Yesterday was as slow as molasses in January.  The only excitement was giving the dog a bath. Had to time it between his going out (5 times a day, usually around the same time each day, in the backyard, lots of running space, I think you would say a back garden).  He did look like a much smaller dog when all wet, he has a thick coat.  I tried the hairdryer on him, helped a bit. By the time of his next out, he was dry.  Now he looks and smells lovely  :).  Hope he stays that way for awhile.
I heard from my oldest brother, still somewhat recovering from emergency surgery a couple of months ago.  Reminded me it would have been our father’s 100th birthday yesterday. It will be interesting to see him on the 1921 census...he was in Canada well before the 1939, but soon to arrive with boatloads of Canadian soldiers to spend the war years in England and Europe.
Decided to return to working on my online work, making school resources.  I need a bit more structure to my days, I guess, got some done yesterday and a bit today.  I will do it as I am in the mood, not pressure myself, will enjoy it more that way.
A bit warmer today, up to zero, been snowing all day.  Looks white and clean...and it’s going down to -6 Thursday, so should stay nice.  We still haven’t had a deep freeze, will bet it’s coming!
Stay safe, everyone.