Author Topic: Vaccination priority groups  (Read 20856 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccination priority groups
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 28 January 21 11:09 GMT (UK) »
This was from our local council:

Care homes residents and staff expected to have finished by last Friday plus ...

“In addition to care home residents and staff, all other priority groups are on track to be vaccinated by mid-February. These are those aged over 70; frontline health and social care workers, and clinically extremely vulnerable people.”

20+ homeless people were also vaccinated a couple of weeks ago.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 28 January 21 13:37 GMT (UK) »
I think it depends on where you live and the availability of the vaccine.

I had a ‘phone call on Sunday afternoon and, half an hour later, I’d had the jab - I’m a sprightly 69!

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 28 January 21 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I think you are right, Ray.
The ‘i’ newspaper reports today, for example, that the North West will have doses cut by about one third to get the supplies to other regions.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gone

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 28 January 21 13:59 GMT (UK) »

I had a ‘phone call on Sunday afternoon and, half an hour later, I’d had the jab - I’m a sprightly 69!

I had mine yesterday, (I'm 66) at the local medical centre, yet someone less that a mile away who is in his 90's and has dementia, and belongs to the same medical centre, hasn't had his.
They can't use the excuse of "no home visits yet" because my OH is having her jab at home on Saturday.
This system seems very hit and miss.

Offline John915

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 28 January 21 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon,

So Britain is at the forefront again. Another vaccine is now being developed and produced in Livingstone, Scotland. With a huge amount of goverment cash to help we should have Valneva by the end of the year. Maybe earlier if testing is good and it gets it's licence.

If it comes off then Britain will have a vaccination cabability of 200M + per year.

John915
Stephens, Fuller, Tedham, Bennett, Ransome (Sussex)
Rider (Fulham)
Stephens (Somerset)
Kentfield (Essex)

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 28 January 21 14:21 GMT (UK) »

I had mine yesterday, (I'm 66) at the local medical centre, yet someone less that a mile away who is in his 90's and has dementia, and belongs to the same medical centre, hasn't had his.
They can't use the excuse of "no home visits yet" because my OH is having her jab at home on Saturday.

Yes - one neighbour in her early 50's with immunity issues had hers three weeks ago and another in her mid 60's with no health issues  had her first dose last week.   Their surgery is a small rural one

Offline John915

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 28 January 21 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon,

We have had the same here. However, it wasn't as simple as it seemed to those who queried it. The two people involved are waiting to be called but actually are not registered with our local surgery. They chose to take their sons advice and register with his doctor in town. They have many more people to get through. I understand they are both 80ish.

John915
Stephens, Fuller, Tedham, Bennett, Ransome (Sussex)
Rider (Fulham)
Stephens (Somerset)
Kentfield (Essex)

Offline Gone

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 28 January 21 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon,

We have had the same here. However, it wasn't as simple as it seemed to those who queried it. The two people involved are waiting to be called but actually are not registered with our local surgery. They chose to take their sons advice and register with his doctor in town. They have many more people to get through. I understand they are both 80ish.

John915
I've got my next one in 12 weeks.
I was quite surprised how quiet the centre was yesterday, I was 15 minutes early but went straight in, no waiting, I was out again in less that 10 minutes.
Griff

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 28 January 21 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Our surgery is a small rural one too and it’s combined with two other centres to choose from...I had mine ...an hour ago and I’m not 70 until Sept...

Unlike my SiL aged 72 lives in Brighton not heard anything so far... another in Cirencester the same... so it would seem living rurally has advantages after all...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK