Author Topic: Jane Davis born 1853-4 in Aston, Birmingham but from a Colwich family  (Read 373 times)

Offline PAK

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jane Davis born 1853-4 in Aston, Birmingham but from a Colwich family
« on: Wednesday 27 January 21 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Jane is shown in 1861 as the daughter of John and Hannah in Colwich, but born in Aston. As they were in their 70s she must be their granddaughter. They had 8 children and after much research,I have decided that the best bet to be Jane's parent is Eliza, born in 1831. I know that she had two other illegitimate children in 1850 and 1858, so you might say she had a track record!
However, I'd like to be sure if it's possible (and it may not be). I found a Jane Davis born in Q4 of 1853 but no parish record to show her mother (and maybe even father).
I've discarded Jane baptised at St Martins in Birmingham on 8.8.53, and another one baptised 26.12.53. In each case I found the child with parents in 1861.
I'm asking more in hope than expectation, and have also posted on the Warwickshire board, but does anyone have any information?

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Davis born 1853-4 in Aston, Birmingham but from a Colwich family
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 January 21 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Have asked moderator to lock this post as replies posted on duplicate thread
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)