Author Topic: where is Thomas Barker between birth and 1881 census?  (Read 1246 times)

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: where is Thomas Barker between birth and 1881 census?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 29 January 21 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Sorry if i havent explained correctly,
i have done both mine and my mums dna ancestry. on there we have lots of dna matches connected to our Humphries /Hughs/Barker line there is one group of 10 people that share a common ancestor on this area, due to DNA painter/my heritage clusters and obvioulsy other shared matches where it shows on my mums as common ancestor link. so
my line goes like this
James Humphries 1882 (mums grandfather)
Thomas Humphries and Ann Ferriday Hughs (mums gt grandparents)
John Humphries and Ann Barker  (mums gt gt grandparents )

John and Ann children are :
Emma 1821( i dont think this emma is theres though )
Elizabeth 1822
Mary Ann 1825
Edmund 1827
Sarah 1832
Thomas 1837 ( our line)
now Mary Ann had a son (unknown father ) John Humphries b1846 in the 1881 census he appears with wife and children aliong with "Boarder" Thomas Barker b1859 - this is who im trying to trace because to try connect the group of 7 DNA cluster match i 90% know it falls between Ann Barker and her parents other children due to the CM between them. these 8 DNA matches all have 1 thing in common, they share the same dad/grandfather so 3 sets mother and daughter/son then 1 person shares cm with all of us ..but dont know where he belongs though and then some of the group share dna matches with my mum and those that have common ancestor already linked/proven to be the above area Humphries/Hughs/Barker area.

so i dont know if Thomas Barker is connected or not, but trying to work out. just thought with surname barker in John Humphries household it could may well be a cousin etc.

hope this is better written out for you. thankyou
Weenie
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 29 January 21 19:25 GMT (UK) »
i thought Thomas Barker born 1860 was the one i was looking for , so ordered birth cert. that came yesterday and was illigitmate to Mary Ann Barker, however on trying to look further , i noticed he died in June qt 1860 which is why i put that as my second reply.

i then also tried the 2 you also suggested , Thomas Edward and Thomas James,
Thomas James is with his parent on an 1881 census, and last night i traced Thomas Edward and his parents and im in middle of doing this by each branch to see if this line of Barkers connect to my Ann Barker
does this make better sense?

Weenie
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 29 January 21 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Yes - much better thank you.   

I think you need look at later censuses for Thomas as the only way you may connect him is via a fathers name in a marriage cert.

If he also turns out to be illegit - his mother may have married & he could be under a different surname on earlier censuses
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 29 January 21 19:40 GMT (UK) »
The only one I can see in 1891 b Madeley is Thomas James - he's married & living in Staffordshire.  He was ruled out in an earlier reply as he was still with parents in 1881
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 29 January 21 19:53 GMT (UK) »
The only other in the age range was b Longden Common Shrewsbury - parents were Richard & Eliza.  He married in Liverpool 1887.  Not with parents in 1881

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 29 January 21 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou Carol,
im on with Thomas Edward... a little tree floating around, i will keep this other one close, incase im barking up wrong branch.

Weenie

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 29 January 21 20:37 GMT (UK) »
A possible death? Not a million miles away

Thomas Edward Barker

Registration   Q4    1888
Age at Death:    28
Wolverhampton  Vol: 6b   p 441

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 29 January 21 20:39 GMT (UK) »
so i dont think it Thomas Edward Barker either??

he marries Eliza Ann Titterson, and moves to Massachusetts has 3 children b 1884, 1890, 1894 now says on 1900 census for Massachusetts that Eliza came over in 1883 and that Thomas - although says name Joseph cam over aged 4 in 1864 !! in 1910 census says Thomas Edward came over 1874 ???

Weenie

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 29 January 21 20:58 GMT (UK) »
A possible death? Not a million miles away

Thomas Edward Barker

Registration   Q4    1888
Age at Death:    28
Wolverhampton  Vol: 6b   p 441

According to GRO this Thomas Edward death age is 28 so fits too......