Author Topic: Holiday Slides 1949-1975  (Read 4052 times)

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Elias Saundie (Soundie) and Jane Heeley
    • View Profile
Holiday Slides 1949-1975
« on: Thursday 28 January 21 21:53 GMT (UK) »
My friend has passed onto me a box of about 500 slides that her son picked up at a car boot sale in Chester about 10 years ago. Most are meticulously labelled with date and place and range from Scotland 1949 to Scotland 1975 but include holidays in many different places in between.
Tissington in 1969
Norway Skiing in 1970
Cruise including Venice Corfu Greece and Jerusalem in 1970
Austria in 1973
As well as San Francisco, Rome, Hawaii Honolulu without dates
There are also some weddings, birthdays, christenings and christmas’
They are beautiful slides some with family groups on them my problem is that there is nothing to say exactly where the family is from except the early slides seem to be Wales a lot and Chester Zoo (and they were bought at a car boot in Chester)
There are a couple of names such as Helen and Jacks wedding and what appears to be birthday of their daughter Claire 1960 but no surname. Or Diane Hulmes wedding to Eric 10 Dec 1966 (I can only find one Diane Hulmes marrying an Eric Lucas)

I will be going through them again when I have a couple of days off looking for other clues but would love to pass the slides on to the relevant descendants eventually
Surname interests Soundie, Brookfield, Healey/Heeley, Frost, Handley, Goodall Weaver, Evans, Pagett, Waywell/Whaywell, Haimes, Jones, Roberts, Cummins Ryder, Bleasdale and Foley, Jackson, Robinson, Calvert and Grayson.
Searching in Liverpool, Shropshire, London, Worcester and Holywell, Stafford and Cheshire.  (and eventually in Ireland) :-)

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Slides 1949-1975
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 January 21 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Have found and messaged a possible daughter on Facebook and another relative via Anc ***** very excited at a possible match so quickly

:D :D :D
Surname interests Soundie, Brookfield, Healey/Heeley, Frost, Handley, Goodall Weaver, Evans, Pagett, Waywell/Whaywell, Haimes, Jones, Roberts, Cummins Ryder, Bleasdale and Foley, Jackson, Robinson, Calvert and Grayson.
Searching in Liverpool, Shropshire, London, Worcester and Holywell, Stafford and Cheshire.  (and eventually in Ireland) :-)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 January 21 02:07 GMT (UK) »
That is an exciting find munchies. Let us know how you get on. If the daughter doesn’t reply or you need help searching for more relatives, let us know.  :)

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 February 21 23:16 GMT (UK) »
There was only one slide  of a wedding with a surname on and from that I have managed to track down both sides of the family. I have found the children in the slides now in their fifties who are very excited to get this slice of history back. There are parents grandparents and great grandparents on the slides I am so jealous. Currently making arrangements to get them back where they belong 🥰

Turns out the photographer died in 1974 his wife remarried then died in the 2000s and her husband died close to Chester 10years ago which is presumably how the slides ended up in a car boot sale. No one seems to know anything about the fantastic holidays though 🤷‍♀️

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 February 21 23:20 GMT (UK) »
Have found and messaged a possible daughter on Facebook and another relative via Anc ***** very excited at a possible match so quickly

:D :D :D

Hoe exciting, hope everything works out and that can be rehomed.
Good Luck!

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU