Author Topic: Headstone  (Read 460 times)

Offline Chris Doran

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Headstone
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 31 January 21 16:57 GMT (UK) »
If you crop it to just the inscription, you may be able to post it with less compression loss.

Having done a bit of sharpening, I think it reads something like this, but I'm not sure of the surname or any of the numbers.

John
the beloved son of
Daniel & Esther O'Connell
who departed this life
December 22nd 1822
aged 29 years

Also the above Daniel O'Connell
died 10th Sept 1891 aged 55 years
Also Esther bloved wife of the above
Died 5th May ???? aged ?6 years

Also Mary Anne their daughter
Died ?? Jan 18??
???? aged 27 years
Researching Penge, Anerley, (incuding the Crystal Palace) and neighbouring parts of Beckenham, currently in London (Bromley), formerly Surrey and/or Kent.

Offline CanKan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 31 January 21 18:53 GMT (UK) »
I'll try cropping to just the inscription. Those dates aren't a match for tho other records I've found. Thanks for your suggestion!

Offline CanKan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 March 21 15:47 GMT (UK) »
UPDATE!! Many thanks to all for your assistence. I have found a transcription and a clearer image here: http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~liverpoolindexes/genealogy/fordcemeterygraves/SECTION%20G/PAGES%20G/G22.html

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can make a photo clearer and legible - it might hold the clue to the next stage of my research! I believe it to be the headstone of my great-grandmother's family. The original was in a trunk she had, and I think the headstone might be in Ford Cemetery, but there is no further indication on the reverse.

Each time I try to upload I get a message saying the file is too large: first it said 900kb, so I reduced the file to 640KB and now it says 500!!?? Any help much appreciated!

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 March 21 15:55 GMT (UK) »
Sorry but if you want a restoration we are advised not to manipulate images taken from the interent without the owner's permission as it may breach copyright rules.

Added: Apologies, I think I have misunderstood your post  :-[
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU