Author Topic: Help with parish record, Meline, Pembs, 1782.  (Read 155 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with parish record, Meline, Pembs, 1782.
« on: Saturday 30 January 21 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi, i have a query re an entry in the parish register for Meline in Pembrokeshire from 1782. The first appears to be a baptism of Jacobus son of Gulielmi Bowen, but can’t make out the entry underneath. Not a great copy i’m afraid. I have attached the entry, and a copy of the whole page in case it helps.

Many thanks, Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help with parish record, Meline, Pembs, 1782.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 January 21 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Sadly, the second entry is his burial.

Jacobus filius Gulielmi Bowen paup(eris) predict(i) sepultus fuit 16to
die Julii anno predicto

James, son of William Bowen, aforesaid pauper, was buried on the 16th day of July in the aforesaid year.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help with parish record, Meline, Pembs, 1782.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 January 21 18:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks bookbox, thought it might be 🙁
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....