Author Topic: Richard Livingston & Jane McConnell  (Read 900 times)

Offline KatC

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Livingston & Jane McConnell
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 31 January 21 16:08 GMT (UK) »
McCreanor married Eleanor Seawright 1862.  I'll look for Thomas and Elizabeth's children, but both have a child named Wm.  I wondered if this was their father's name.  Donaghcloney records start about 1829 after a gap, but I'll see if McCreanors use the church pre1771. 

Offline Pocks98

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 31 January 21 16:11 GMT (UK) »
McCreanor married Eleanor Seawright 1862.  I'll look for Thomas and Elizabeth's children, but both have a child named Wm.  I wondered if this was their father's name.  Donaghcloney records start about 1829 after a gap, but I'll see if McCreanors use the church pre1771.

Ah yes, I do recall that one. Yes, the Samuel McCreanor who married Sarah Hamilton & is the father of Thomas also is the brother of William who married Rachel Livingstone.

Offline KatC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 31 January 21 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Samuel and Jane had Mary Jane bapt Nov 3, 1835, James  bapt Nov 1, 1835, William bapt Mar 12m 1838 and Samuel Apr 29, 1841.  Moygannon
Thomas and Elizabeth had Mary Jane Nov 7, 1835, William John Jan 12, 1838, Elizabeth July 7, 1839
Thomas and Ann had Margaret Aug 17, 1842  Ballynabraggett

All baptisms and I stopped looking at 1846.

Offline Pocks98

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 31 January 21 19:50 GMT (UK) »
Samuel and Jane had Mary Jane bapt Nov 3, 1835, James  bapt Nov 1, 1835, William bapt Mar 12m 1838 and Samuel Apr 29, 1841.  Moygannon
Thomas and Elizabeth had Mary Jane Nov 7, 1835, William John Jan 12, 1838, Elizabeth July 7, 1839
Thomas and Ann had Margaret Aug 17, 1842  Ballynabraggett

All baptisms and I stopped looking at 1846.
Yep, Samuel & Jane are my 3rd great grandparents. Overall they had 12/13 children! Do you think this Thomas who had children in the 1830’s with Mary Jane could be my Samuel’s brother?

Offline KatC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 31 January 21 22:40 GMT (UK) »
There are naming conventions in Ireland and  Samuel and Thomas appear as a guess to be brothers with parents William and Mary Jane.  The family was not rich enough to be in Freeman's at PRONI not was there any wills pre1840.  Possibly rental lists or Donaghcloney Presby records could help.   When Samuel's son Samuel married 1866 to Sarah Hamilton, he went through the Donaghcloney Presbyterian Church and soon named a child Thomas.  It all points to a connection and both churches being used.  When PRONI is more open, there may be more Donaghcloney records available, but you may have to rely on DNA to connect people.

Samuel is renting from Archibald Major in Ballynabraggett in Griffiths and his wife was Jane Major. I wonder if Thomas emigrated and Samuel took over the rental or perhaps Archibald was his brother/father in law and let him rent.  You probably can place Widow Jane and Wm in Clare who are gone from there by 1875.   

Offline Pocks98

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 15:12 GMT (UK) »
Yep,

I think Archibald depending what year could be his father in law. On the subject of DNA, I do match someone who's great great grandmother was a Rosanna McCranor born in 1839 and a hint came up as the father being a William McCreanor born in 1813.