Author Topic: Most likely burial locations for Callears (died 1850-1950s) Stoke-on-Trent area?  (Read 2435 times)

Offline SiCallear

• RootsChat Senior
  • One day my family history will become Callear!!
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm researching my Callear family tree but struggling to find burial locations.

Looking for most likely burial locations for the following - I'm hoping someone has local knowledge

Surname: Callear
Died: 1850-1950s
Lived: Chell, Stoke-on-Trent and Wolstanton, Newcastle-upon-Lyme

I have been able to locate my burial location for an ancestor living in Wolstanton - they were buried at Tunstall Cemetery, Stoke-on-Trent

Thanks for reading!

Callear/Gallear and a growing list of (mis)spellings

One day my family history will become Callear!!

Offline pc99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Most likely burial locations for Callears (died 1850-1950s) Stoke-on-Trent area?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 February 21 22:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello Si. If you google 'Wishful Thinking Memorial Inscriptions' it will take you to a Staffordshire cemeteries site. I've just had a quick look at Tunstall and have seen Elizabeth Callear d. 1933 and Daniel d. 1945 and further down Catherine Callear d. 1955 with son Harry d. 1982. If you scroll down further you may find others. HTH.

Offline SiCallear

• RootsChat Senior
  • One day my family history will become Callear!!
    • View Profile
Re: Most likely burial locations for Callears (died 1850-1950s) Stoke-on-Trent area?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 February 21 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks pc99.

Daniel and Elizabeth are/were relations of mine - I'd previously found them using the process you described.

I'm struggling to work our which Cemetery to focus on as there are multiple.

Easy where I live - Cemetery and lots of ancestors on my doorstep. The fact that you can get hols of map and detail details  help.

I've not managed to find anything similar for the likes of Tunstall Cemetery. I'm confident that there are more Callear's buried there.
Callear/Gallear and a growing list of (mis)spellings

One day my family history will become Callear!!