Author Topic: Henry Williams of carlow  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Muckish the flat-topped mountain
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Williams of carlow
« Reply #18 on: Monday 08 February 21 17:46 GMT (UK) »

It only starts in 1864 so for anything before that you are relying on parish records.

That's for the civil registration of births, Catholic marriages & deaths. From 1845 for the civil registration of Protestant & Registry office marriages..

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 08 February 21 23:22 GMT (UK) »

It only starts in 1864 so for anything before that you are relying on parish records.

That's for the civil registration of births, Catholic marriages & deaths. From 1845 for the civil registration of Protestant & Registry office marriages..

Had forgotten about that to be honest.Had never had reason (so far ) to have to look at anything bar RC records for my tree as all ancestors back 200 plus years seem to be tenant farmers or agricultural labourers of RC persuasion.

McDonnell McDonald Gorman Cronley Colman Deegan Dunne Maher Dempsey Conlon Griffin Bergin Lalor Keys Bonham Brennan Hart(Laois) Nolan Byrne O Byrne Brady Mullen Hanaway Brennan Keeffe Reddy (Carlow)
O'Neill Doyle Donnelly Devlin  (Tyrone) Connor, Burbidge,McNally (Dublin)Hannon McCarthy (Tipperary)Healy Miley Treacy (Wicklow)Kelly (Kildare)

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 08 February 21 23:42 GMT (UK) »
See a Henry Williams baptised 25th March 1862 to a Thomas Williams and Margaret Kavanagh in Borris.Address is given as Kiledmond.

Page above that has baptism of twins Henry and Benjiman Williams on 26th January 1862 to parents John and Mary Williams with sponsors Thomas Williams and Sarah Tuite and Peter ? and ? ?.No address given.
They seem to have been married on 9th November 1861 in Borris with address given as Kiledmond and her maiden name Neile (Neill ?).Witnesses Michael Treacy and Margaret Williams.

Did you find a DNA connection to the Williams from Carlow/Chicago ?
McDonnell McDonald Gorman Cronley Colman Deegan Dunne Maher Dempsey Conlon Griffin Bergin Lalor Keys Bonham Brennan Hart(Laois) Nolan Byrne O Byrne Brady Mullen Hanaway Brennan Keeffe Reddy (Carlow)
O'Neill Doyle Donnelly Devlin  (Tyrone) Connor, Burbidge,McNally (Dublin)Hannon McCarthy (Tipperary)Healy Miley Treacy (Wicklow)Kelly (Kildare)

Offline Loveancestry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 09 February 21 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou all for the information I have looked at all of the sites and they are very interesting!
The records you have found are really interesting, and another Henry crops up!!!! There must be lots of them!! This all raises so many questions.

Yes I have a small amount of dna 15cm with a ‘distant cousin’ who descends from Thomas williams, possibly Sarah’s brother. However another descendent of Sarah does not share Dna with us so that has me confused too!

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 01:41 GMT (UK) »
Yes I have a small amount of dna 15cm with a ‘distant cousin’ who descends from Thomas williams, possibly Sarah’s brother. However another descendent of Sarah does not share Dna with us so that has me confused too!

It may depend on the generation gap between those 2 matches.

How do you know about the descendant of Sarah if neither of you share a match?

Does the 'descendant of Sarah' have a paper trail which may suggest a lack of the same genes passed down or an illegitimacy down the line or...

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Loveancestry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 07:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annie I don’t think I’ve made myself clear. So another of Sarah’s descendants is someone who shows as my 3rd cousin. She is actually my 2nd cousin 1x removed. We both come from Sarah’s daughter Hannah’s line, and we have confirmed this through trees. When looking in shared matches for me and the American line, my confirmed line isn’t showing. There is only one shared unknown match with no tree! I have no idea why?

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 22 February 21 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked on church records

http://www.irishgenealogy.ie

her death is listed on this site.

presented at death a James Ross