Author Topic: Patrick Campbell and Margaret Toale/ Lislea, Upper Killeavy  (Read 776 times)

Offline wivell6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick Campbell and Margaret Toale/ Lislea, Upper Killeavy
« on: Friday 05 February 21 07:01 GMT (UK) »
My great great grandparents are Patrick Campbell and Margaret Toal/Toale/ Their marriage records show up in 1855 in Lislea, but I can't find them any before that. Their kids are born in that parish. All the kids have Patrick listed, but on their death certificates they all have John Campbell?  Family Lore as it that Patrick lit out for America and never came back. Margaret died in 1909. Most of her kids had left Northern Ireland by then too.
They had twins Michael and James who came to Canada and then Michael to Montana. Patrick, went to Pittsburgh, Susan to England, not sure about John and not sure Mary is even their kid!
How can I find where they are from originally if not from Lislea? I know records are iffy. I've been looking for years and years for this family.

Thanks, Kelly

Offline MPC1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Campbell and Margaret Toale/ Lislea, Upper Killeavy
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 August 21 20:47 BST (UK) »
 :)

Offline MPC1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Campbell and Margaret Toale/ Lislea, Upper Killeavy
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 August 21 21:06 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have just seen your message re Patrick Campbell and Margaret Toal.
What was Patrick's Father name on the marriage certificate?
My GGGrandfather was a John Campbell . His Fathers name was James. They are all located in the Dromintee, Killeavy, Ballinamadda area of South Armagh
All the names you have listed are familiar.
I have not been able to trace any siblings of John yet with any certainty. So thought I would make contact.
Regards
Mike