Author Topic: Looking for the baptism of Mary Williams in 1739  (Read 478 times)

Offline Beaujolaiswine

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for the baptism of Mary Williams in 1739
« on: Saturday 06 February 21 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Folks

I am trying to find a record of baptism of Mary Williams my 5x great grandmother. She was the mother of the illegitimate children on Robert Colebrooke of Chilham Castle in Kent. After the last of their children were born in 1773 she married Dr. Robert Jones on 10 Sep 1782 at the Chapel of St Mary, Llanllwch, a chapelry of St Peter Carmathen, Wales. Both parties were said to be of the parish.

Mary died in Salisbury, Wiltshire on 11 Feb 1794 age 55, giving a year of birth of 1739. Mary's first child with Robert Colebrooke was Base Born (B B on the parish register of St. James Picadilly in London) and named Philip Charles Williams and baptised 12 Apr 1762 and born on 19 March 1762

I am speculating that as Mary and her husband Robert Jones may not have lived for a long time near Carmarthen, that they were possibly born their and this is why they chose to get married there.

Also I am speculating that Mary Williams may have named her first child after her father.

Any help to steer me in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Richard
Garrett (particularly in Hampshire); Miller (particulalry in Hampshire); Goodey/Goody (particularly in London, Middlesex and South Oxfordshire); Phillips, Williamson and Crockett all in Buckinghamshire; Farnham in Cornwall, Pyne in Sussex and Ireland; Mursell in Hampshire and Isle of Wight; Burnett in Scotland; Bramham in Yorkshire; Colebrooke; Watts