Author Topic: William Crawford  (Read 277 times)

Offline Meitten

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Crawford
« on: Saturday 06 February 21 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am trying to research the family tree for William Crawford and how he is related to Thomas Crawford. I have found a gap that I need to confirm. William's parents were Thomas Crawford (Who died 1794) and Nancy Boyd (Who died 1800). they had 3 kids, Robert, Janet (Who married Matthew Crawford), and William.

Here is what I know. the person I am trying to make the connection to is Thomas Crawford. He was born 20 June 1852 in I believe Broughshane in Antrim. He died 9 Nov 1929 in Tullymore.

I am not sure if there is another generation between William and Thomas (1852). From Thomas's son, Stewart, he said his grandmother's name included Wilson, if that helps.

Any information or leads or where I can check online to find this information would be greatly appreciated to fill this gap with family and marriages and such would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Shawn

Online Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Crawford
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 February 21 13:59 GMT (UK) »
I assume this is your family in Tullymore in 1901 & 1911:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Broughshane/Tullymore/928278/

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Broughshane/Tullymore/119517/

If so this appears to be that Thomas’s marriage in 1882. His father was another Thomas. Address then was Skerry.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1882/10955/8004284.pdf

Daughter Margaret Jane Wilson Crawford was born in Loughconnelly in 1890 so the family evidently moved a couple of times.

There’s a memorial to Thomas Crawford aged 69, died 1794 in Broughshane 1st Presbyterian graveyard so the family may have attended that church. Their baptism records start around 1832 so you should be able to search for Thomas born c 1852, assuming it’s the same family. The records are not on-line so far as I am aware but there is a copy in PRONI in Belfast.

There are quite a lot of Crawfords in that area so care needs to be taken not to mix families up. (There’s at least 9 Crawford graves in Broughshane 1st alone).
Elwyn

Offline Meitten

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Crawford
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 February 21 14:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks. That appears to be the right family. I got what I have from old family records and letters between family members. the records I have miss a few generations between Thomas Crawford (1730-1794) to Thomas (1852-1929).

There are a lot of Crawfords in that area to make is very confusing. to top it off, Crawfords marrying Crawfords, ... Some in the same family line, some not.