Author Topic: Duggan (maybe born 1852) ??? badly in need of a clean up and estimate of date  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Duggan (maybe born 1852) ??? badly in need of a clean up and estimate of date
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 09 February 21 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Nice work Peter...I was going to give him a shave this morning but no need now  ;D  the more I worked on it, the more convinced I became that they were the same man, only taken a short time between.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Aussielass

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rooney the Wonder Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Duggan (maybe born 1852) ??? badly in need of a clean up and estimate of date
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 09 February 21 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello, again, AL.

Just remembered you were after a rough date for the bearded photo. I think it is probably within five years of the other photo, say the mid-1870s when beards and wide lapels were in vogue.

Peter

Thanks Peter and Carol, you have certainly helped to clarify the date of the photo.

could add the same beard onto the man with no beard as removing the beard is guess work really on the shape of his chin.

Chloe, if you would like to give him a beard, I'm sure he wouldn't mind.  In fact I'm sure he would be impressed with all the fuss and attention he has been given.

Thanks again everyone, extremely pleased with the restos, advice and observations.

Kind Regards, Aussielass  ;)
Duggan, William - Wales c.1795, Australia
White, Eleanor - Queens Co. Ireland c.1810
Aspinall, Alexander - Lancashire
Beardsell, Jonas - Huddersfield, Yorkshire
Anderson, William - Ballyrashane, Londonderry, Ireland 1802, Australia,Vic,Tasmania
Cochrane, Mary Ann- Agadowey, Derry, Ireland - 1835
Langford, Richard - Brierley Hill, Stafford/Blakedown, Hagley, Worcester, NZ, Aust.
Cann, Eliza - Grantchester, Cambridge - 1839
Tait, Christopher - Delting, Shetland - 1854
Johnson - Shetland

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 09 February 21 12:46 GMT (UK) »
Just something to think on - Jim and I dated the first photo as late 1860s- 1870s but came down on 1870s because of the back. If this photo is also 1870s, is it the same person or is the later photo an 1880s one :-\

Gadget

Add - I think the second one is late 1870s - early 1880s.  If born 1852, he would be 18- early 20s in first one and late 20s-early 30s in the second.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Aussielass

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rooney the Wonder Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 09 February 21 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Just something to think on - Jim and I dated the first photo as late 1860s- 1870s but came down on 1870s because of the back. If this photo is also 1870s, is it the same person or is the later photo an 1880s one :-\

Gadget

Add - I think the second one is late 1870s - early 1880s.  If born 1852, he would be 18- early 20s in first one and late 20s-early 30s in the second.

Thanks Gadget, yes I agree, he is more youthful in the first photo and has matured in the 2nd, so late 20's - early 30's certainly fits.  He didn't marry until 1883, so the 2nd photo may well fit in with a pre-marriage or even marriage portrait.  Sadly no wedding photos, I do know a lot were discarded  by family at some stage, lucky that we even have the two photos that I posted.  ::) Once again, appreciate your help and advice.

Kind Regards,  Aussielass
Duggan, William - Wales c.1795, Australia
White, Eleanor - Queens Co. Ireland c.1810
Aspinall, Alexander - Lancashire
Beardsell, Jonas - Huddersfield, Yorkshire
Anderson, William - Ballyrashane, Londonderry, Ireland 1802, Australia,Vic,Tasmania
Cochrane, Mary Ann- Agadowey, Derry, Ireland - 1835
Langford, Richard - Brierley Hill, Stafford/Blakedown, Hagley, Worcester, NZ, Aust.
Cann, Eliza - Grantchester, Cambridge - 1839
Tait, Christopher - Delting, Shetland - 1854
Johnson - Shetland