Author Topic: 1940's burial record sources, Bridgwater  (Read 774 times)

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
1940's burial record sources, Bridgwater
« on: Monday 08 February 21 04:19 GMT (UK) »
Is there anywhere I can find the plot for a burial in Quantock Road Cemetery in 1942?

The funeral was reported in the newspaper in Feb 1942 and mentioned the cemetery. The local FHS have apparently released records to FindMyPast but there is nothing that I have been able to find for Bridgwater and there are no results on deceased online. From the probate register I know the deceased was named Eric Thomas Beechey, died 26 Jan 1942 aged 27 and he was a resident of Bridgwater. 

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1940's burial record sources, Bridgwater
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 February 21 08:27 GMT (UK) »
As the Cemetery office is currently closed, perhaps you could consider contacting the FHS to see if they can help you.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 February 21 08:58 GMT (UK) »
There is an email address for the Cemeteries office:
cemeteries@bridgwater-tc.gov.uk

Maybe they are still working? Maybe they can help?!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Jo.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 March 21 11:47 GMT (UK) »
There is information for Eric Beechey buried at Quantock cemetery so I had a quick search of ancestry
Probation for Eric is listed as Bristol,  it appears he was living at 7 Wembdon Rd, Brigwater,  and probate was given to Eric Reeves Beechey (dentist)  and Mary Beechey (wife of Eric Reeves Beechey) of 25 Wembdon Rd, I'd assume these were his parents.

The 1939 Register, give details of living with parents in King Square in Bridgwater (centre of Town) his occupation an accountant quite a well do to do area within town centre. 

Due to being of more wealthy standing, I'd would be very surprised if there was no head stone.  when I have time, I might go over and see if I can find an headstone for him, but it is a large cemetery now,   

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 20 March 21 13:16 GMT (UK) »
There is information for Eric Beechey buried at Quantock cemetery so I had a quick search of ancestry
Probation for Eric is listed as Bristol,  it appears he was living at 7 Wembdon Rd, Brigwater,  and probate was given to Eric Reeves Beechey (dentist)  and Mary Beechey (wife of Eric Reeves Beechey) of 25 Wembdon Rd, I'd assume these were his parents.

The 1939 Register, give details of living with parents in King Square in Bridgwater (centre of Town) his occupation an accountant quite a well do to do area within town centre. 

Due to being of more wealthy standing, I'd would be very surprised if there was no head stone.  when I have time, I might go over and see if I can find an headstone for him, but it is a large cemetery now,

Thanks Jo

I'd forgotten I'd posted this, I did get a plot number in the end from the local council (B688), and someone has offered to try and get a photo when they may be able to get across around Easter time.

I've added a memorial to find a grave

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/222472071/eric-thomas-beechey

His father Eric was indeed a dentist and one of just three surviving brothers from a total of eight who fought in WWI. The five fallen brothers are remembered on the grave of their mother in Lincoln.

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 March 21 13:54 GMT (UK) »
(edit to earlier post made mine unnecessary)
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 20 March 21 13:59 GMT (UK) »
I created the page