Author Topic: Fantastic service!  (Read 178 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Never trust anything you find online .....
    • View Profile
Fantastic service!
« on: Monday 08 February 21 11:37 GMT (UK) »
Yesterday (Sunday) I e-mailed the Archives of the Town of Nice in France enquiring whether they had any information about Margaret Duncan or Scott, who died there in 1893, and her granddaughter's husband Count Alessandro Baffigi, who died there in 1895.

I was amazed, delighted and impressed to find a very full reply, with links to death registrations, burials, census and other records, waiting for me when I got up this morning. I think service like that deserves the highest of praise.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Fantastic service!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 February 21 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Indeed!  ;D
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .