Author Topic: LYON wedding 1898 Massachusetts, USA  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: LYON wedding 1898 Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 09:10 GMT (UK) »
That is really good, Peter.

I started it last night but got side tracked by a TV programme. There's masses of damage on it that you've managed to clear which has resulted in as near to the original as might be achieved.

Really well done  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 09:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Gadget. ;D It was a challenging one and quite hard on the eyes.
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Great job Peter on a very dirty photo, it must have taken you ages. I have yet to tackle it  ::)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 10:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Carol. ;D I say six hours because I don't like to admit how long I really spend restoring. :o
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline chlo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 11:14 GMT (UK) »
I'm same McGroger my eyes are shot to the point after a few hours I have to wear glasses now!
and that makes it even worse.
Feel free to use any of my edits to enhance further

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Carol. ;D I say six hours because I don't like to admit how long I really spend restoring. :o
Peter

Same here, I have to keep taking regular breaks to give my eyes a rest...too many hours sat chasing pixels  ::) ;D ;D ;D

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Peter

Same here, I have to keep taking regular breaks to give my eyes a rest...too many hours sat chasing pixels  ::) ;D ;D ;D

Carol

Snap.
 I really need a change of specs - I've changed from short to long sight in 18 months. My eyes get very sore and dry if I work on a restore for longer than 30 mins.

I need to go for a new test but not sure yet as optician is in the city centre.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline en2gen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Yes, Great job Peter! As some of my favorite restorers have already commented you have done a fantastic job on a very challenging subject. How this photo got in such bad shape is a mystery but your dedication to cleaning it up is more than anyone can ask! Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was such a treat to wake up to this today (on the other side of the pond). It can now go into the family album as one of the earliest photos we have of this couple...and we can clearly see their faces and the family resemblance to the current generation! So....they live again!

Thanks to all you restorers who took the time to work on this challenge. I am very appreciative! Stay safe all of you!

Louise
California

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 16:39 GMT (UK) »
You stay safe too, Louise. i watch CNN quite often and hear the reports on the pandemic over there.

:)

I don't think I'll be able to finish my version until the weekend and it won't be as good as Peter's but I'll try!