Author Topic: HP Deskjet 3700 all in one printer.  (Read 2569 times)

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: HP Deskjet 3700 all in one printer.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 15:59 GMT (UK) »
My new one didn't come with a cable but fortunately the old one fitted.
I'll need to check if my broadband matches the printer.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 17:50 GMT (UK) »
When you say you switched it off and on, you have to completely unplug from the mains socket and remove the usb cable, wait or a minute or 2 before reconnecting. Have you tried using usb rather than WiFi. I’m surprised your broadband upgrade isn’t dual band. That’s ridiculous.

Totally uninstall the HP software, just deleting it leaves files which interfere with the fresh install.

Then you can follow the instructions online to install. Calverley lad gave a link to HP troubleshooting pages.

Ps it seems to are correct about the WiFi bandwidth. Perhaps contact you provider to see if there is a work around.
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 18 February 21 06:35 GMT (UK) »
Without getting technical on the dual wireless frequencies 2.4GHz and 5GHz, most modern modems work to supply both.
(As an example security devices use 2.4GHz whilst modern mobiles use the 5GHz for speed)
To reinstall your printer you need to use a cable to connect your printer to the computer.
Then follow the instruction in the printer hand book, only when the printer works using the cable do you remove cable to use wirelessly.
So read the manual first to be clear in your mind what your going to be doing.
 Brian
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire

Offline Jessie 46

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 21 February 21 17:43 GMT (UK) »

UPDATE

Printer now connected to WiFi  Our heating broke down and we had engineer in to repair. Printer was lying in hall and he asked my opinion of it.
Anyway to cut a long story short he said it was quite simple maybe but I'm not that clever.
Within  few minutes  while the heating was coming through he had it up and running and now that is something else I have a better idea of how it works.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply to my post your advice was really appreciated.

Jessie

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 21 February 21 17:59 GMT (UK) »
What a lovely heating engineer! Sounds nearly as nice as the one we have, who popped into the loft to do the wiring for a light that I was struggling with, once, long ago!
Makes up for all the "Bad workman" tales, doesn't it?
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Jessie 46

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 21 February 21 19:11 GMT (UK) »

It certainly does I had been baking and I think the smell was going round his heart .I did offer a coffee
but he he wanted home so I gave him some freshly baked scones and a couple of pieces of cake.
Husband and him were chatting about golf and he gave him some golf balls he isn't keen on so he went away very happy and so am I don't need to buy a new printer/scanner.

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 03 August 22 19:18 BST (UK) »
This is the "worst" printer I`ve ever had.

At the time it was the only one available.

I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to connect it to my new network without success.

At one stage it printed 2 pages of something that was unreadable, each word was only half printed.

it`s now sitting in the corner until I decide whether to give in another go or not.
Most likely scenario at moment is buy a different one

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 05 August 22 09:42 BST (UK) »
I replaced my printer, after several years without one, with the Deskjet 3762, my first wireless printer/scanner/copier. It works now, when it wants to, but took two children to set it up (one is head of IT for a big company & other was formerly doing IT work for another company travelling between businesses in Ireland, England & Scotland so they both have lots of experience in this sort of thing). It took them several hours to set it up and I did hear some bad words coming from my office which I ignored.  :o
Last week's trick was the monster insisting it was out of paper. It wasn't. Took paper out. Put paper back in. Still said needed paper. Took paper out. Put different paper (from same pack) in. Stopped saying it was out of paper.  ::)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 05 August 22 14:57 BST (UK) »
I`m kicking myself as in one way the problem is my own fault !

I got overexcited at the thought of being connected to broadband after 6 weeks (don`t ask !!) following a move, that when the lovely engineer asked me if there was anything else he could help with, the printer went clean out of my head . Actually, it was never there in the first place!