Author Topic: Heaton Lodge, Wortley, Yorkshire  (Read 939 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Heaton Lodge, Wortley, Yorkshire
« Reply #18 on: Monday 15 February 21 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Louise...this is what mine looks like in the preview pane of my scanner.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline en2gen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 15 February 21 20:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Carol...I've now determined that the scanner i need to set up has this feature. I'm just having some issues setting the scanner up. So, I shall work on that today and see what I can do.

Be back with you all soon as!!

P.S. just got the call today to get our jabs! Woo hoo!!!

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 15 February 21 21:43 GMT (UK) »
I'm just wondering if the paining depicts Napoleon Bonaparte at one of his battles, He always seems to have ridden a white horse.  I have looked at several paintings but can't seem to identify the one in the photo.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline en2gen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Well Gadget and Carol - I have spent all day trying to get this scanner of mine up and running with limited success. The issue is that after I got it, I changed from Windows to a Mac and the sofware that came with the Epson 600V scanner doesn't work. I have software that does work but it is so technical I'm having problems understanding how to do what.

However, I have rescanned the photo and it seems much better than the original one I posted, so I am attaching that to see if it can be worked with any better. I think it's as good as I'm gonna get at this point. See what you think.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 00:25 GMT (UK) »
The paintings have certainly come up well  :)

I've got an Epson  scanner attached to my Mac. I  remember swearing at it when I first got it but it works well now. I can't remember what I did though  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline chlo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 03:48 GMT (UK) »
Feel free to use any of my edits to enhance further

Offline en2gen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 05:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Chole. This link didn't work, but it did encourage me to look for a driver that would. It seems when I got the scanner a couple of years ago they did not have an Epson download for Mac. So, they provided a different compatible software called Silverfast, which is way too advanced for me. I have downloaded the Epson driver and will give it a try tomorrow.

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 05:47 GMT (UK) »
I've tried to bring out as much detail as possible using Topaz's Gigapixel filter. A couple of normal size versions here, followed by a couple of large versions on separate posts. I had to compress the large versions a lot so I hope the detail comes through.
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 05:48 GMT (UK) »
The large B&W...
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.