Author Topic: Heaton Lodge, Wortley, Yorkshire  (Read 938 times)

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: Heaton Lodge, Wortley, Yorkshire
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 05:50 GMT (UK) »
... and a large sepia.

Notice there's even a tiny little portrait above the other small portrait.

Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 07:56 GMT (UK) »
I reckon that could be Napoleon on his white horse as Pat says.  I think I can see his 'sideways' hat, with the white across the top!
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 08:47 GMT (UK) »
Just to clarify, the tiny little portrait I referred isn't the thing that looks like a face above the man's portrait but the even smaller portrait on the shelf above. You might need a magnifying glass. ;D
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Ah yes - so there is!!    So many paintings and portraits!! 
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 12:04 GMT (UK) »
I changed from Windows to a Mac and the sofware that came with the Epson 600V scanner doesn't work. I have software that does work but it is so technical I'm having problems understanding how to do what.

My printer/scanner (accessed from my iMac via wifi) will print fine,  but the manufacturer hasn't yet updated a driver that is compatible with the current OS.

So I use the image capture app (open it from your Applications folder) which shows me the preview  and gives the facility to change settings - including to use a "custom size" which, amongst other good stuff, allows me to select 'just' a particular area of an image and then scan.

Put the photo on the scanner, then open the image capture app to see if it works for your set up?
Worth a try.

Boo

Offline en2gen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 03:56 GMT (UK) »
Peter - Thank you so very much for your restorations. i don't think I can ask for much more! What an improvement from my original posting. I appreciate it very much.

Boo....thank you for the tip. I am going to play around with that scanner when i get more time. I understand what you are suggesting!

Many thanks all for working with me through all the technical challenges and helping me get to the point that I can at least make a decent scan. This V600 is sooooo much better than the other scanner I was using! I actually think I know what is in that photo on the table!!!

Louise