Author Topic: Can anyone help please? Westlund Scotland  (Read 321 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mami (1924-2020)
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help please? Westlund Scotland
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Ladyhawk is currently offline.

If I could answer for her, the date of birth for Karl Westlund would have been given by the informant to his death, alongside his place of birth. This info was included as standard on death registrations from 1969. You would need to order the actual death certificate to see the full details.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AllieElsokary

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Fabulous Monica thank you.
I've been digging and not sure how I managed it but Rose might have married a man called Finnie. I have a feeling he died because there is no divorce. But then there is another marriage to Alexander Hosie. The year and place feels right so I could have cracked it I think.
I'll dig deeper  so thank you all again for your expert help.
You have always been so helpful, bless you all 😘

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mami (1924-2020)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Can't see a Finnie death that would fit in the time frame but...I do think you have likely found her marriage with her surname mistranscribed or different spelling. Well done  ;)

If she had remarried, I believe her marriage entry would be indexed in both her maiden name and her previous married name. But would need to checked to confirm really unless you now find confirmation elsewhere with the info you have.

Added: Just found the death of the Rose Marie you think may be the entry for a second marriage. She is not connected. Have a look at her death on the index on SP and you will see her mother's maiden name is different.

So, the one to work with is the first marriage you found for now I suggest....until you find something different or confirmation that you are on the right track.

Monica

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mami (1924-2020)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 23:13 GMT (UK) »
I am going to send you a message via the PM service. We need to be really aware that the events now are relatively recent and people may still be alive (or we have no confirmation that they are deceased).

Monica