Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 14th February  (Read 499 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Sunday 14th February
« on: Monday 15 February 21 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Dreadful weather today, no snow but ever increasing gale force winds that were absolutely freezing, then some rain in the afternoon. The wind finally abated at about 8pm, I'd had the central heating on nearly all day. Haven't been out for a walk since Friday 5th. That must mean I have nine exercise credits.  ;D

My Tesco delivery was due 12- 1pm, at 11.15 I saw the van pulling up. The cheery driver came to ask if it was okay, fine with me, I thought if anything he'd be later. Had a bit of chat with him, they've been run off their feet, the poor man hadn't even had a lunch break yesterday despite working long hours. Thankfully he had one scheduled in today.
Did the wiping and storing of the groceries then sat down with a cuppa.

Decided that as the weather forecast is much better for the coming week I'd spend the day doing the things I won't want to do when the weather is fine, ie housework. Also fitted in some colour testing for next art project.
Made the Cajun salmon again for tea with the cowboy style potatoes, remembered to add oregano this time as all good cowboys do. Even made the yogurt dressing too.

Watched the Joanna Lumley programme I recorded a few days ago, her journeys around Britain are really interesting. Also watched the Pottery Throwdown, couldn't believe how many pots came to grief. And what on earth was that about  - decorating cookware with a design of someone's rear end??!! Also, maybe it's just me but the pots produced by another contestant looked a bit iffy too.  ::)
Nevertheless a good programme, really surprised by who was chosen to leave.

Hope it's been a happy Valentines day for those who it applies to.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 14th February
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 February 21 07:09 GMT (UK) »
Glory be, the wind has dropped! We had a quiet night down here, though that is not forecast to last.
Took a quick walk along the beach after lunch.
The wild sea has scoured it all away to the rocks below, so anyone coming here for holidays will be disappointed. Fist size boulders along the prom, where the tide normally doesn't reach.
Anyone daft enough to walk there at the wrong time could be killed outright, catching one of those on the head.
Interestingly, although it was still gusting around 50mph our road was jammed with cars again. People visiting from who knows where!
The moment we got back into the living room the skies opened and we had lashing rain until well into the night, but the good news is it cleared all the salt build up on our windows.
Watched the second Crocodile Dundee film, I hadn't seen before. Slightly contrived, but a good bit of escapism.
How we lived before mobile phones!
I watched the Throw Down too Roobarb. What a shame.  :'(  All that effort, destroyed. :'(
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 February 21 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Apparently the weather has revealed the underlying rocks on our beach too, I haven't been down there to see it myself. Our weather has improved significantly today, hope yours has too.

Wonder where everyone else is today, perhaps out sunbathing.  ;D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 February 21 23:36 GMT (UK) »
Starting later than ever today.....
Looks like you’ve both been suffering with the weather... unbelievable that those rocks could have hurled that far up...
I watched the pottery programme too... it was so disappointing to see how many of the pieces hadn’t survived the kiln... there were several who were candidates for going... had mixed feelings about the one who left but in the end that person hadn’t made much effort with the design on the main challenge.... not that I could do any of it!

My day was very uninteresting.... usual Sunday paper reading... very cold outside despite the temp reaching about 3.5C....
Played scrabble, watched the rugby... read....
had dinner not much after yesterday’s large meal... watched tv... a pretty dull day...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK