Author Topic: Who was Philip Crick (1777-1816)?  (Read 2458 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Who was Philip Crick (1777-1816)?
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 06 March 21 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Easy peasy, just click on text icon bottom right below a member's name. This is green when a member is online, though they don't have to be online for you to send them a pm. It's the perfect way to exchange email addresses, names & details of living people - and real names!! If you receive a pm, a notification will appear by email just like a reply to a thread.

After a while you get addicted to rootschat.....
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline FrancisGrn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Who was Philip Crick (1777-1816)?
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 06 March 21 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Wow, thanks so much for the will! That is truly amazing. I wonder if the portrait is still around. She said that she wrote it to her son Philip. He died unmarried in the 1860s and seems to have fallen on hard times, as he was often in workhouses. It also seems like they ran some sort of fruit company with this chap James Godwin, and they seem to have been reasonably well-off. Truly amazing to read something written by my ancestor. Too bad that she did't leave anything to a brother or cousin, as that could have shed more light on her origins. I think I've found her on land tax records in the late 18th century, but that and 'Wm Pond/Ann Goff' seems like the only evidnece of who she was before she got into the fruit business
Best wishes
Francis