Author Topic: Mary Ann Johncey (1810-1864)  (Read 1922 times)

Offline pandk2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Johncey (1810-1864)
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 February 21 00:36 GMT (UK) »
I have now obtained the death certificate for Sarah Lander.  It confirms she was the daughter of Mary Ann Povey and Joseph Seth Lander.
I've also now got Mary Ann Povey's death certificate, and this confirms that she did indeed die later the same year.

Offline pandk2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 March 21 20:30 GMT (UK) »
I have now discovered that Sarah’ Amelia's daughter Emily Buchanan married her cousin, George’s Anthony's son Charles Johnson, on 26 September 1883 at the register office, St George Hanover Square (London).

Emily Buchanan, a 21 year old spinster, of 8 Peabody Avenue, Pimlico (London), was daughter of Walter Buchanan, cutter. Charles Johnson, a 21 year old bachelor and clerk (merchants), of 15 Westmoreland Street, Pimlico, was son of George Johnson, superintendent of police. The witnesses were Alfred Glassby, Edmund Wingrove.

Sadly, Charles Johnson, a merchant’s clerk aged 24, died at 23 New Street, Leominster, Herefordshire, on 28 October 1886 of phthisis (old name for tuberculosis). Perhaps he was in Leominster to recuperate away form the city, or perhaps he was just visiting. His death was registered by George Johnson of 23 New Street, father, present at the death.

More details at https://birdsofcressingham.wordpress.com/2021/03/18/cousin-marriage-even-more-clues-on-mary-ann-johncey/

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 08 January 23 11:09 GMT (UK) »
If the Povey children have mmn as Johnsey and variants then it is likely she was not widowed.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline pandk2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 25 August 23 14:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks trish1120, good point. If she was telling the truth.